1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Crap, you must look old if...

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Aug 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went to the Packer game yesterday. The city runs free buses on game day and our hotel is one of the last stops on the way to Lambeau. About 25 people waiting to get on. My wife finds the last open seat and after that it's standing room only. Now the crap part, a younger woman offers me her seat. C'mon, I'm only 62. I must look like crap. :cry::cry: And yes I did since I was carrying the two fold up seats.

Christmas
  2. Elf70

Elf70 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same thing happened to me on the tram during my last Vegas trip. I got on late and several people got up and offered me their seat. My first thought was - damn how old do I look? Second thought was - oh hell embrace the offer, smile and have a seat. Overall it was quite unsettling. Maybe I should look into Botox.

3. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At least it wasn't a person in a wheelchair that offered you their seat.

4. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I offered my seat on the rental car shuttle to a younger women, and she sir....ed me. And declined.....I felt old.

5. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I give up my seat in the airport train for anyone who has their hands full, regardless of age. It's just being courteous.

6. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the woman was much younger, 30ish, then I would say she was raised right if you look anywhere near your age. Doesn't mean you look older. :)

7. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I forgot this one. We were at a restaurant in downtown Green Bay sitting in the outdoor patio. My wife needed to use the restroom and this boy, maybe no more than 7 or 8 held the door for her to go back inside. We both were impressed by that and thought, wow, those parents are raising their kids with terrific manners. If only others would do the same.

Christmas
  8. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

That is awesome! In SoCal, if you open a door, it seems people jump out of bushes and beeline through the door, before you even cross the threshold...this is even if you are carrying a baby, or holding your child's hands. So much "I'm so important" mentality in SoCal.

9. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nooooo!

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  10. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's one of the reasons I don't take the bus in Vegas. I have yet to see a younger generation offer a seat to an older person - or that matter a young man offer a seat to a woman. I don't understand. I am 53 yo and I raised my son to open doors -- offer a seat etc. I am also working on my 8 yo grandson. I don't tolerate disrespect. But when many young people want to emulate the Jersey Shore gang and MTV thugs- what do you expect?

If the young men would only realize that if you want to impress a young pretty woman -- be a gentleman -- and don't drop the f bomb every other word.

36th Wedding Anniversary
  11. vwhiten

vwhiten High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As far as feeling old -- somewhere along the way the Excuse me miss has been replaced with Excuse me Ma'am. Don't know when it happened but I am no longer a Miss.:cry:

36th Wedding Anniversary
  12. Frankr163

Frankr163 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Manners are a thing of the past.
    I always open doors, give up seats, ladies go first etc.
    Nowadays if you do things like that you get looked at like your stealing their firstborn or selling timeshares!

13. Gamesman

Gamesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you took the seat, you probably look old enough to be asked.

14. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! Ride the DC Metro and see how many seats you get offered. Many riders take up two seats and won't give up one of them. You could have a portable respirator and a colostomy bag and they would just give a vacant stare in the opposite direction.

15. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To be honest, I do have some muscle tremor issues and didn't want to stand holding on to the overhead railing. But she wouldn't have known that.

Christmas
  16. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I own a pharmacy and about 15 years ago our deliveryman was making a delivery to a nursing home. He was about 61 at the time. the nursing home had a touchpad lock/unlock system. As he was exiting a family member of one of the patients thought he was a patient and asked him was suppose to be leaving. He was pissed!!

First Trip 2017
  17. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I completely understand.

Christmas
  18. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I completely understand.

Christmas
  19. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first clue was when younger guys started calling me "Sir". I'm still the poster boy for not feeling and acting my age ,maybe thats good or bad depending how you look at it.
    I felt really old sat. afternoon at the AC Golden Nugget when I walked out on the deck to listen to the live band and left right away because they were playing hard rock rather than the usual 'Party Music " or whatever you want to call it.

20. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

"Harold.......you call me 'Sir'...and I turn around to look for my father !"
    Tom Cruise character in "A Few Good Men".
    ( He meets with the two defendants for the first time )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.