1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Craftsteak (Length of Meal)

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by bsbaz, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bsbaz

bsbaz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are planning to go to Craftsteak then a concert at 730pm onsite in several weeks. If we have a 530pm reservation, will we feel rushed to make it to the concert in time, or should I expect the meal to take 90 minutes, rather than 120 minutes?

2. vokalml

vokalml Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know about craftsteak but for Gordon's and stk we spent atleast 2 hours if I can remember right. I wouldn't rush yourself and take in the experience

3. miller6pack

miller6pack Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you should always plan 2 hours for a meal-at least. If you are back home you eat and your out in two hours. In Vegas sometimes it takes a few hours before you eat.Enjoy and have fun.

4. Harry5

Harry5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eaten at Craftsteak a couple of times and always been done within 2 hours.

That being said, due to the size and quality of the steaks we always pass on appetisers (the freshly baked bread they bring you with your drinks is more than enough). That speeds things up of course.

We found both times that service was quick-we got the feeling that they expected 3 covers per night per table and wanted us in and out fairly quickly (not rushed, just quick).

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's going to be tight but doable if you let the server know upfront and order everything fairly quickly after sitting down.

6. queuetee

queuetee High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We tend to make the meal at a nice place the centerpiece of our evening. I would hate to spend more on a meal than the tickets cost and have to rush out because of concert tickets.

7. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check the menu before you arrive so you have an idea of what you will order. Tell the server when you sit down that you want to order fairly quickly. If you get your food within 45 minutes of sitting down, there's no reason you can't relax and eat in an hour.

We've eaten at Craftsteak at least twice and don't remember ever spending 2 hours.

8. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you go into the meal telling your server you have a show to get to and let them know the time, don't spend too much time deciding what to order, and either don't order a first course or tell them not to wait to fire the main course, it's entirely doable. That said, we usually take 1.5-2.5 hours at Craftsteak. We usually enjoy a round of cocktails before the first course and another round after the first course while fire the main course. We usually then stay for another round or two after the main course...we've never made it to dessert :p

9. Boogaloo

Boogaloo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had a 3-course meal there and went to see Ka at 19:00 on the same night, so it's definitely doable (though that was pretty tight, I came in about 5 minutes before the scheduled start time).

Like others have said though, try to pick out what you want by looking at their menu online first though and definitely let your waiter know that you're planning to see a show that night at 19:30.

10. BenjaminNicholas

BenjaminNicholas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't rush a great meal... Make it 2-2.5 if you can.

11. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely let the server know, they'll also be able to tell you which meals take longer to cook.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.