1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Coyote Buttes

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Kathy98, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy98

Kathy98 Tourist

Has anyone been there?

It is managed by the Bureau of Land Management and is such a fragile area they limit visitors. They have a lottery system and each entry is $5. I have not won twice but really want to in December.

I have to idea if I can increase my odds of winning by entering more applications. I do not mind the $5. I get 'no comment' from the peeps at BLM.

Has anyone does this? Any idea how to get a ticket?

Coyote Buttes is a couple of hours from Vegas. It looks amazing.

2. larryg

larryg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It sounds like you're talking about Coyote Buttes North, which includes The Wave. Coyote Buttes South isn't as famous, but also has some stunning scenery. There's no lottery, but permits were still hard to come by when I went a couple of years ago. I had to log on the minute permits became available.

If you choose Coyote Buttes South, you may need to arrange for a tour. Some of the nicer areas require high clearance four wheel drive, and even then it can get a little tricky.

Also, I believe that Coyote Buttes is more than a couple of hours from Las Vegas -- probably more like four hours.

3. BlondWidow

BlondWidow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! I had never heard of this place, but I googled it just now. It looks fantastic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.