1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Coupons, Trip Advisor...

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Backagain1, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be going with a group of friends to Vegas in March for Spring Break. I want to find coupons etc but do not want to overdo it and get stuck with something I purchased but did not use.

What would you recommend I get/purchase if anything?

2. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

i hosted my daughter, her college roommate, and it turns out a few others during spring break the march after she turned 21. we had lots of fun with her during the day, would quit about 11pm, usually, then who knows how late they stayed out.

anyway, one night, the all got into jet, in the mirage, with no cover, i think the girls had a lot to do with t hat,, and daughter danced until dawn, roomie got a little more into the booze, just like on campus...and someone else that they knew got to be the hairholder.

so, the next day, as mom and i and her got going about 11, she got intercepted by one of the club admission coupon guys, selling no cover passes to all the cool places, though she thought jet was great, and had so much fun, she got conned into getting some of the passes, and tipped the guy, who applied really effective pressure, 5 bucks a pass, even though they had all gotten in free the night before???
    as the night came to pass, the group, and the ever increasing hangers on, could not agree on what to do, where to go, or anything, the passes got wasted right along with the group. told her so.

so, moral of the story, don't waste money on the dudes giving away club passes in exchange for tips, because trying to get a whole group of college kids, turned loose in las vegas, to go in the same direction...

might add, the most fun we had as a parent, with the two girls and one young man from their university, was when they wanted to take us to sushi, so went downtown because we knew it would be cheaper, and after dinner, bought into the craps table at golden nugget, added a twenty to each of their twenties and partnered in the gambling, along with buying in for my usual. after they hit a couple of numbers, took my buy in back, told them they were on their own for money management. they walked when i walked, and we had beer money for the night. so we did a pub crawl, from the big pint glass place up by el cortez, to chicago brewing co, to the triple seven brew pub. sushi was at 6 pm, then some gambling, then the pub crawl...we were puzzled when we could not find a cab at the golden nugget, someone had to point out to me it was 3 am.

so, i recommend do not worry about coupons for the group, if you can plan a few things keep the savings for yourself, if you try to steer a bunch of drunks or people less mature than yourself somewhere, you will probably just be frustrated.

3. Backagain1

Backagain1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Great story, great information. Thank you.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.