1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Counting Cars & American Restoration

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by zamboni, Aug 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yowza have these shows totally jumped the shark or what? Both have become almost un-watchable.

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  2. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    at some point you can only watch someone paint a car or an old lawn mower so many times

eventually they have to create drama and storylines

Pawn Stars is the worst of the bunch, the storylines are beyond ridiculous

3. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have watched Pawn Stars since Season 1 episode 1...and this year it is TERRIBLE. All the preset scenes in the office with lame stuff. I wish they would just dump Chum and go back to the reason we watched it for....to see interesting old historical stuff come into the shop. My favorite part of Counts is to see him driving around town looking for a flip. American Restoration went downhill a few seasons ago, bringing in new workers that are just there for the show. Before they got married you rarely saw Kelly, now she is almost "modeling" the items. I am a traditionalist, when they paint old items in a newer color it drives me up a wall!

4. ski-doo_rider

ski-doo_rider Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What drives me nuts are the stupid commercials built into the show, if I see a guy get subway again I'm going to poke my eyes out....

5. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Even such shows as Deadliest Catch are getting goofy story lines with the addition of Sig's daughter Mandy into the mix. She would have gotten her ass handed to her on any other boat besides Northwestern. Even those guys sounded disgusted with the whole thing. If she had been on Wizard, they would have carved her into bait.

6. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pawn Stars have new episodes every week here in the UK and Counting Cars starts again here in September I think, I was on the Annie Bannanie tour in May which goes round the Reality Shows, the tour guide even said that don't believe everything you see on the shows. If you go round Counts Kustoms you can see things there they have supposed to have sold on the show and yet the cars are still there on show on their lot. I have to agree that Pawn Stars has gone off a little with silly stories when all we want to see is interesting stuff being brought in the shop.

7. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree Breeze...Mandy was catered to on the Northwestern. She didn't have the upper body strength ( like most women) to do the job. Sig must have needed more college money for her. The crew did seem pissed and I don't blame them. Catch has up until now been one of the only reality shows I watch that didn't seem staged. Elliot kind of messed that up.

8. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed on Pawn Stars...I watch it and the forced dialogue is so ridiculous. Go back to the coolness of the show which are the items and the negotiations/history of the item. No one gives a shit about some forced "book club" or whatever stupid thing the producers come up with.

Breeze - good point on Deadliest Catch too.

9. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Most of these I've not even seen once, and after a brief stint some years back with what Terri called "Crab Channel," I quickly gave up on Deadliest because of the sing-song melodrama and predictability. But I'm no mountain-sitting purist, however, as home and yard shows are staples as is the Voice. And, yes, we do watch Triple D.

10. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree on Pawn Stars and American Restoration, but Counting Cars is still a blast. I could watch them finding and customizing cars all day long (and thanks to some of the marathons, I do!)

11. ACMike

ACMike High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know why they feel they need to get away from what made the shows popular to begin with -- On Pawn Stars, the appraisals of items and history behind them; on Counting Cars, watching them find and actually restore the cars. No need for the scripted, fake story lines. Oh well, they must have focus groups somewhere that say otherwise. Sigh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.