1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Countdown begins

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by BlackJackLady, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackJackLady

BlackJackLady Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So ran across some really cheap air fare on Allegiant (never used before) and with the mailer from Plaza for free nights we're gonna hit Vegas for our Anniversary! YEAH!

2. lisancentraltx

lisancentraltx Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I, too am back for MORE!

I know the feeling, BlackJackLady! I've been busy for a bit and have not gotten to Vegas since 2010! LOL My trip is planned for November 2014 or the week before Christmas in December 2014. It depends on whether hubby can get off in November or December... still waiting for word.

Thanks for the 'cheap air' reminder!!! I just checked it and it's looking good! I haven't gotten any Vegas offers for a couple of months, so I'm hoping to snag the next one that comes...

I've noticed a few changes... Fitzgerald's > The Fitz > The D and Lady Luck > Downtown Grand. I got married in Vegas on September 18th, 2001 and stayed in the Lady Luck, so we'll have to go look the old girl over :nworthy: I don't think we'll stay there, though... the hubby sometimes ties one on and I prefer to drag him back up to the room and not across several streets, so I'm thinking we'll stay right at the Fremont Street Experience. Be prepared for a trip report with machine locations & numbers to hunt down in November/December 2014!!!

Now, a query... we like to find cool little cafes downtown for a quick bite at 3am... like the Upper Deck that shut down ages ago. So, what's the 411 on Downtown Graveyard Specials? This is all I could find: The hubby didn't like the Cortez previously, so we'll probably hit the MSG as we have done previously.

California Market Street Grill 11 p.m.- 9 a.m.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    $3.25 Banana fritter
    $3.99 8oz NY steak with veggies and fries, rice or mashed potatoes
    $4.25 Chicken strips and fries.
    $3.35 2 pancakes and 2 eggs and bacon strips or 2 sausage links.
    $7.95 Oxtail soup
    $2.95 Miso soup

El Cortez Café Cortez
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    2 eggs with hash browns, toast, and bacon or sausage.
    $6.25 on Fri & Sat, 10:30 p.m.-7 a.m.
    $8.75 on Mon-Sun, 10:30 p.m.-7 a.m.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.