1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Couldn't link MyVegas and VIP Comps at MB

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by markmetin, Nov 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markmetin

markmetin Tourist

Nov 20, 2010
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hadn’t set foot in Mandalay Bay since 2008 and my Mlife Gold status has long since expired, so I was very surprised to receive an email offer for 2 nights in a suite plus $125 in resort credits. What I really wanted was 4 nights at the same location, so I called VIP Services at MB and asked how much extra it would be for 2 more nights, and they said $150 plus resort fees. Not bad, but as I have plenty of Loyalty Points and there were Bonus Comp nights available, I thought I would just take the 2 freebies from VIP and get 2 more consecutive nights via MyVegas.

So I redeemed the 2 nights on MyVegas and called the Customer Service line as instructed. The nice lady said she linked the 2 nights together, but was unable to link the MyVegas comps with those issued by VIP Services, but she left a note in the system that the check-in person at MB would see. I assume the problem is that the MyVegas nights are in a standard room and the VIP nights are in a suite.

I would ideally like to have all 4 nights in the same room. As I see it, there are several options, some of which are within my control, some not:

1. Choose to “downgrade” to a standard room for all 4 nights. No big deal as these rooms are still pretty swanky.
    2. Stay 2 nights in the standard room, check out, leave luggage at bell desk, gamble, check in, then spend 2 nights in a suite. Probably not too much of a hassle but can’t be sure what the lines will be like.
    3. Hope the kind person at reception upgrades me to a suite for the first 2 nights so I don’t have to change rooms. Maybe a $20 sandwich would be appropriate in this case?

If anyone has encountered this situation and has words of wisdom, it would be greatly appreciated.
  2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Nov 2, 2001
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the most part, it would depends more on what nights the MyVegas nights are. If they are during the week, they may be able to accommodate you, just ask them what they can do about helping you stay in the same room for your whole stay. My guess is, they should be able to let you stay in the suite for the whole trip.

If they can't and you want to downgrade your suite nights, make sure they don't charge you the suite rate and downgrade the price as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.