1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Could be the worst thing I've ever eaten ... McDs

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why would anybody grind up white meat and make goop out of it? A chunk of undisguised chicken breast meat is a hell of a lot more appetizing than chicken mush.

2. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

EXACTLY !!!!!
    If you wanna believe a propaganda video made by CARGILL ?
    Did you notice the splice - from cutting the chicken breast meat - to the mush coming out into the tub ?
    Also....they left out several steps in their processing.
    So....you just go on believing it's real chicken.
    You ought to read up more on Cargill, as well.

3. melbedewy

melbedewy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    White Castle can't be beat. They go down real smooth.

4. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:

But honestly, what did you expect? If I'm driving in the middle of nowhere and need protein, a bag or two of cashews (generally available at most gas station quickie-marts) is a far more palatable (nuts are found in nature!) option than the pre-fab extra-greasy offerings at a fast food place. Or park the car for a few minutes and walk into the 24 hr Walmart/Target produce section and grab an apple, banana, and some yogurt.

5. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have 95% stopped eating at the fast food joints since my triple coronary bypass in '05. However, every blue moon or so, I gots to have me a Sausage McMuffin.

6. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So now there's a chicken-nugget conspiracy that us sheeple are ignorant to as well? Oh where will the madness end???

7. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm on a big healthy eating kick this year after a health problem in January. But you're right that sometimes, especially on the road, eating options are limited. I was in No. Calif and I had a tiny market or a Burger King to choose from for lunch. I'm not sure which was better.

I like the little burger places on the side of the road much better than the national chains. We love one out here in the boonies of Western Washington - Big Bubba's Burgers. It's far enough from home that I don't go there all the time, but when we are passing through, gotta grab a burger, onion rings and a shake. Such goodness!

8. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I dont understand why people need to justify or explain what they eat, "ah, i didn't really want to, but i was real hungry, and I haven't eaten there in years"...cmon people just eat your food. It's ok to eat white castle, or mcdonalds, or potato chips,etc, all without feeling guilty.

9. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Believe it or not theres worst crap than Mc Nuggets. Any older Vets like maybe Breeze may remember the C-Ration cans of lima beans and ham . Gimme the Nuggets with a lot of sauce any day.

10. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want a white castle now... :cry:

11. fossefritz

fossefritz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well Ken what ya expect

Ya prob had good nuggets but ya prob the way I can see you are waited to either eat them or ya wasted a good op to use that tasty Hot Mustard sauce

Did you know McDonald's sell more chicken than Kentucky Fried Chicken???

Just remember next time ya try if you do anyways,,The obshaped nugget is Dark Meat(MyFav) And the round one is white meat

Oh remember ----Shrimp at a Red Lobster well I won't even begin............

12. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the same thought. Sure, the tomato on the McDLT or the Arch Deluxe might be nutritious, but to call the food at McDonald's nutritious is like saying Vegas Club is classy.

I miss the days of chowing down on fast food. I eat it occasionally, but those days are increasingly rare, simply because my body tends to expel much of it as if I'm exorcising a demon.

I've always heard that the Burger King Whopper is super high in calories, and one day I started to wonder why. Flame broiled, vegetables on a bun, with a condiment. How can it be that bad?

I won't tell you I did exhaustive research, but after a little online research I saw fingers pointed toward a couple of things. The meat may be considered beef, but it's high fat compared to what you'd typically use in your home. I had never given a second thought to the quality of the meat used for my fast food burgers, but having worked at a Mickey D's for six weeks of my life I still remember, vividly, how much grease those burger patties produced in the 60 seconds they went from frozen to fried. Why I never connected the dots years ago I don't know.

Another common culprit, I read, was the bun, at least when it comes to the Whopper. A lot of sugar is used in making the buns, because that's better, somehow. Whatever the reasons, I don't recall, the bun is far from wholesome, evidently.

I ate at a Steak N' Shake in the San Antonio airport not so long ago. The organic steakburger was outstanding. I'm sure it's no less fatty than any other fast food burger, despite the organic gimmick, but dang it was delicious. I wasn't impressed with the fries.

I tend not to order fries when I do break down and order fast food sandwiches. After seeing the McDonald's freedom fry experiment in "Super Size Me" I lost my appetite for Mickey D's fries.

I'm like a lot of people, fast food breakfast is my weakness. I'm sure that sausage on my breakfast sandwiches is plenty fatty, too.

13. fossefritz

fossefritz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Well the Top Dog on the block is always picked on..McDonald's has had it's fair-share--A shrimp mom and pop shop like Red Lobster Nah

I loved the Arch Deluxe and still do..I have tried this on my own and it's very close with less fat..But who cares about fat--Eat and Exercise

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/McDonalds-Arch-Deluxe-Reduced-Fat-Copycat-Recipe.html

14. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's nutritious because it has the required ingredients, beef for protein and fat( and yes fat is good for you), the bun has carbs, and if you get cheese that's your dairy portion, splash in some lettuce and a pickle or tomato( or ketchup) and you have it all, natures perfect food...well, almost. By the way, I find the mcchicken to be very tasty as well.

15. Kickin

Kickin Flea

The health issue of fast food isn't so much about its fat/carbs/protein content since those macronutrients can be just as poor in any home cooked meal.

The big issue is sodium in my opinion. Every menu item is loaded with sodium both for taste and as a preservative. Our diets are already probably too high in sodium. Maybe not if you're very active but most of us aren't, or if you're balancing it out with a lot of potassium from fruits and veggies but most of us aren't. This leads to hypertension (high blood pressure) which doctors call the silent killer for good reason.

Another thing is in America we tend to take things to their extreme. There should be no health issue at all with occasionally eating fast food. But we have people practically living off of if or at least living off similar types of processed food. Then we get fat and sick and label the food as unhealthy when the problem was our over consumption.

16. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1. Very true.

17. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is so true and even with a home cooked meal you have to beware of the hidden sodium you might unintentionally be adding with canned or jar products.
    Just a for instance...have you ever read the sodium content on any Bloody Mary mix, refried beans, or canned vegetables.

We are very sodium aware, therefore when we eat out at a sit down restaurant, everything tastes salty, especially the soups. The salt shaker isn't the prime source of sodium, but we always get a chuckle when we see diners using the shaker before they even tasted their food.

18. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yummm, and eaten cold, too. We lusted for the Beans and Weenies. I think there was a beef one that was pure salt. How do us fools survive?

Hell, they used to give us salt pills on the hottest of the hot days. Crazy for sure, but we're still here.

19. Hunt182644

Hunt182644 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be damn thankful you live in a country where you can {drive up in your car) and order food that may or not be palatable. You could be getting a drink out of a disease ;laden mud puddle and if lucky a spoonfull of rice or maybe a root and some leaves.:licklips: Granted some of the fare at some of these places is far from top notch. Just consider yourselves lucky to live in a country where you have these opportunities.

20. Hunt182644

Hunt182644 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :thumbsdown:C-ration ham and scrambled eggs:vomit:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.