1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Costco Car Rental

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by DOUBLE B, Aug 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DOUBLE B

DOUBLE B Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you do not have to give credit card # I wonder what happens if you rent and do not show up and/or fail to actually rent car. Do they try to charge you with a service charge or is reservation just dropped? Any info appreciated.

2. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In a nutshell, no, you aren't charged if you fail to rent the car. As with most of the other National Car Rental web sites you are able to reserve a car and not have to give your cc number to hold it. If you don't show up you aren't charged for it.

Going through the Costco car rental site will direct you to the actual rental agency site to book a car. Costco provides the rental site with their code to get discounts but doesn't provide any costco information (costco number, etc.) to the rental agency.

I have done what you mention before, I made the reservation but forgot to cancel it. no penalties.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.