1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmopolitan - Worth $$ to Guarantee 2 Beds and View?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by dooner, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was one of the fortunate who received 2 nights comp (Terrace Studio - king bed) during the weekdays. I have a friend joining me (1st timer to Vegas) and he really wants a Fountain view with the Balcony. (Staying on a Wednesday and Thursday night.)

I noticed that there are only a limited amount of 2 Queen Bed Terrace Studio available, and one bed will not be an option (although a $50/ night hideaway is an option), so I decided to pay the $30/night extra to guarantee the 2 beds, as well as the $20/night upgrade to the Fountain view.

Is that extra $50 a night worth it, or could a simple request at check-in worth the chance?

One more question --> any request for tower/floor in order to avoid the night club music?

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if u face bellagio u should avoud the music other wise i think u cant as the club hits and the pool hits the rest.
    face aria will sux facing las blvd will sux.

try facing the vdara that also should work

3. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    paperposter is a 100 % correct and you made the right decision as far as room.

4. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at the Cosmo many times. Facing the fountains from either the west or east tower, you will not have nightclub noise issues. You will also not be able to hear the music from the fountains. The only thing you really hear is the final grand blast when the fountain show finishes.

And yes - definitely pay the extra $50 if that is what you want. They can be very stingy with giving out fountain views and they do not have many rooms with two queens and a balcony.

5. ultima-forsan

ultima-forsan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked the two queens fountain terrace twice and when I asked the reservation guy to a higher floor, he said that all the 2 queen beds fountain terrace are on high floors so it shouldn't be a problem. You are better to pay for this type of room. because they are very limited on the fountain views.

I've been on 49 and 52 floor if I remember. I could only hear the fountains but it was nice!

6. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was told about the $30 charge to be added on my comped room when I needed two queens in my studio, but when I arrived, they removed the charge without me requesting sp you may find they do the same. Definitely worth the extra to get what you want. The fountain view terrace rooms are my absolute favourites in Vegas!

7. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the advice - I figured that the extra $50/night for a guarantee should be worth it!

8. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am hoping that they conveniently 'forget' to charge the upgrade to my account.

9. symbols

symbols Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have found this very YMMV. I've had no charge for a wraparound but been charged for two bed studio. As with most things Cosmo, I can't seem to find a pattern.

10. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    theres no pattern with cosmo, enjoy it while it lasts

11. spicole

spicole No shirt, no shoes... NO DICE!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my opinion, this is definitely worth it. You have some really good reasons to reserve that particular room. I think spending the extra money to get exactly what you want will definitely be worth it.

12. JCleary23

JCleary23 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called the reservation department at Cosmopolitan approximately a month ago to seek an upgrade for Hotwire rooms I had purchased. I had 3 nights from a Sat-Tue. Since it was just my gf and myself, I wanted to gurantee we at least had a king-size bed instead of two queens. In addition to being more than accomodating for that request, they upgraded us to the next tier past the one bedroom terrace with a guaranteed view of the bellagio fountains. I think it is worth that upgrade/view for just $100 more. I was very satisfied with the customer service and will continue to stay at the Cosmo in the future barring our trip goes well.

13. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely worth it to pay. I'm on that team, I don't want to chance my upgrade if I really need it.

14. armybrat

armybrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My son & DIL are staying at the Cosmo right now to celebrate her birthday. He was comped 2 nights and is paying $250/night for two more nights, so an average of $125/night ain't too bad for a Terrace Studio Suite - east Tower, 52nd floor - he just texted this pic from their balcony:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.