1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmopolitan Monthly Offers

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Rutgerskid, May 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rutgerskid

Rutgerskid Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone received July or August Offers yet? I have a trip planned and haven't gotten anything for the summer?

Thanks!

2. easy_money

easy_money Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My previous offer was going to expire in June. Just got the June-September offer this past Tuesday.

3. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like on April 28th I rec'd an offer that is good from June 11- August 5th. They seem to have the offers all over the place, mine used to be monthly, but now span a longer period of time~

4. pleasemum

pleasemum Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hubby's offer is for May to end of August.

5. buckeyestud

buckeyestud Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On May 12 I received a 4 night offer from May 14th - Sep. 9th. This came immediately after my trip at the beginning of this month utilizing a 4 night stay. Doesn't seem consistent with anyone else's offers.

6. nickle

nickle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine is April 9 to July 29...wife is the same, but she received hers a couple of weeks earlier.

7. double_faces

double_faces Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got a big trip in October for my 30th and I'm waiting for those October offers. Sounds like I have one more cycle before I get it :)

8. simonay

simonay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine was received on April 14th covering period 7th May to 1st July. Guess i'll get the next one in mid June

9. Eric1285

Eric1285 Tourist

Got a refreshed offer on May 6 valid from May 14 - July 8. Standard 2 free weeknights / $75 credit per day on weekends...this is typically what I get since I'm a fairly low roller. Seems like they've been sending me offers that are good for 1-2 months at a time recently.

10. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had one that expired early july...few weeks ago I got new one that covered still sept for 2 nights midweek and 150 per on weekends instead of the freenight

Downtown - Wanker Returns after baby!
    Wanker Returns After Baby
  11. rezmike

rezmike Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know if they hold off on sending updated offers when your'e already booked for that time period? I haven't received anything new from them since before I booked my June trip-

12. StingerHook

StingerHook Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My most recent offer came May 12 - expires at the end of July. Assuming the next offer will allow me to book for my Sept trip.

13. BiGP

BiGP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much has every spent either coin-in or table time to receive offers from the Cosmo? Earlier this year I spent well over $1000 in the high limit slots and earned around 3000 points or so. Still haven't received anything. is this common?

14. symbols

symbols Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

They do not. My most recent booking was followed by an email offer 10 days after the reservation.

15. simonay

simonay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm just about to take up my first comp offer ever and its at the Cosmo so i have a few very basic questions about how you go about this if thats alright... I'm presuming that most here will have been several times before at least!

Identity Play - You just go over to the Identity kiosk and they will add it on to your card after you quote the offer code?
    Dining Credit - How do you redeem this and is it just on restaurants rather than food? My offer window is until 1st July but i'm only getting there on the 30th June so would i have to rack up the charges early or would i lose this dining credit if i tried to redeem after 1st July?

I guess i'm also interested in the difference between front end comps like these and back end comps, will all of these up front offers be taken into consideration if i go and see a host at the backend for any extras or is the offer just literally to get you in the front door and then its back to square one?

16. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't had identity play in an offer before but I've had promo chips. I went to the cashier with my Identity card and mailer to retrieve. For you I assume the Identity desk will activate and then you go to a machine to retrieve.

Dining/Resort credit is typically automatic. Ex: if you have $100 in dining credit the first $100 worth of charges towards food will be taken off. No special action needed. When you check in politely ask the agent if your credit is on your reservation and take it up with Identity if there's an issue.

And yes these front end comps will be taken into consideration when asking about backend comps. Even though your room might be part of a marketing offer, they will need to see enough play to cover the room before they'll do much on the back end. Though they can use Identity Points to pay for charges regardless of your play level.

17. simonay

simonay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks very much BayouBengal, most appreciated information there, i don't want to go there like a complete newbie so this helps me know whats expected!

18. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My offers typically come about 8 weeks before the end of the current offer. So if you didn't get one this past Tuesday you will probably get one tomorrow. Mine have always showed up on Tuesdays.

Was your offer for 2 nights? I used to get 2 night offers that were good for about 2 months each. Now I get 4 nights covering about 4 months.

19. simonay

simonay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just plugged in the dates when my email was received, the days it was valid for and i came up with the same numbers for the last three offers...

I'm getting the offers 23 days before the offer is valid from and the offers are valid for 55 days. By my reckoning this means i should get my next offer tomorrow valid through till 26th August. Wonder if anyone else gets exact numbers for these calculations if they can be bothered to check haha

20. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My offer covering the SUper Bowl came 79 days prior which was valid from Jan 29 to March 25. I used it from Jan 31 leaving Feb 5. I got my next offer on Feb 10 which covered the trip I just took. I've also had and offer come 65 days prior.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.