1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmopolitan Gold Tier... complimentary companion room

Discussion in 'Comps' started by en11871, Jan 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. en11871

en11871 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How does the comp companion rooms work? I am gold at cosmo. I get 2 comp nights per year AND 2 comp companion nights per year. Thank you.

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe it has to be a separate room and booked for the same dates as your other room. That's the "rule", although I think I may have seen someone say they were able to schmooze their way into using it differently, I don;t remember the details.

3. Uncle__Joe

Uncle__Joe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't used mine, yet, but I inquired about the rules. I was told that I had to be checked in to use the companion. So, for example, I cannot give the companion rooms to my wife to do a back-to-back with an offer to extend a stay.

4. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps High-Roller

That's quite a perk, and something I'd love to be able to use for my parents' big anniversary next year. (they're not gamblers, but always wanted to go to vegas).

In the world of Vegas status club tiers where titles alone mean nothing. (one program's gold is another program's crap), how much does it take to earn Gold at Cosmo? Aside from an occasional drive-by I've never really played at cosmo and never pay attention to their program.

Thanks.

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It takes 20,000 points.

1 point per $2.50 coin in on slots
    5 points per $1.00 of hotel spend

I reached it in 8 nights over two trips. Hotel spend was about $1,200 on the first trip and $500 on the second, so about 8,500 pts from hotel spend and about 12,000-ish from gaming. Around $4,000 coin in per day. With no hotel spend, it'd be $50k coin in.

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And $6.50 per point on video poker. Another upside is that comps and identity play are equal. 100pts = $1

One of my favorite perks is the 2 for 1 wicked spoon and skipping the line at gold.

7. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps High-Roller

I've never really considered Cosmo, but looking at Identity, it seems like a decent program, but I am confused by something, and hoping someone can clear it up for it.

At Gold+ it says "2 complimentary nights per year"...but at most programs I'm in (Grazie and TR) I can get comp offers anytime I want (and typically use 20+ in a year)...how is advertising 2 free nights a year a good thing? Or are they saying these nights are somehow in addition to offers you would receive due to your play?

Thanks

8. en11871

en11871 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, the 2 free nights are in addition to the regular offers.

9. Bondy3

Bondy3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    its 2 free nights in addition to your regular offers in a room for a guest, (An additional room to your room)

10. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As already mentioned they are 2 free nights in addition to your offer and you can add them to your offer if you need more nights then the offer gives you or use them separately. What I have been told is using these 2 nights does not count against your ADT. I'm not sure how accurate that is as I always gamble when there, but I've been told more then once now by employees that theoretically I could come in on those 2 nights and not gamble and future offers would not be penalized for lack of play.

11. Bondy3

Bondy3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $6.50 per point? isnt it $6/point?

Identity_Points.jpg

12. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have as much experience with different hotels and comps as anyone, but I would be amazed if that's the case. I'd assume otherwise. At a lower level, it's so hard to tell.

13. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're correct. I misremembered. It's $2.50 for slots and $6 for video poker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.