1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo - did your offer code change this month??

Discussion in 'Comps' started by VegasChic-, Nov 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone, as I'm still newer to understanding the whole comps thing, just thought I'd ask for a bit of feedback on something I'm kinda scratching my head over.

I've been playing about 1/2 my bankroll at Cosmo for the last year (4 trips total so far). My offers had been consistently going up, had reached Gold tier, and was appointed a host.

Last trip we used the host for booking for the first time. He's been awesome. At the end of the trip I managed to have a chat with him. He had said that the current trip, as well as the one previous had generated a THEO of 1960 (1940 previous), prior to that it had jumped around. As I had never taken any backend comps, I had lots of room, he took everything off my bill and said I still wasn't upside down. Further, he made a point to say to expect my offers to go WAY up, he said I may be getting offers for wrap around rooms etc. I was really surprised by this as that seemed far too generous for my play, but, what do I know??

Just 2 days after returning from that trip, I received my next offer, which was virtually unchanged....actually the free play had dropped $35.00.....no big deal except it was in the opposite direction of what the host was setting my expectations for. Though perhaps the system just hadn't picked up my play since I just got back.

Now......I've gotten my next offer.

My original offer was:

Booking Code DNLH4

3 free nights
    100 dining
    570 free play

My new offer:

Booking Code DNLHS4

4 free nights
    zero dining
    270 free play.

Further, my offer used to go month to month, this one covers nearly a 2 month time frame.

Looks like I've been re-coded and my offer dropped....alot!

Noticed 2-3 other people mentioned their offers dropped this month and referenced some kind of reason for why they thought that happened.....

Curious to see if it really was the play that effected these comps, or, if Cosmo is making overall changes to the comp system. The timing is interesting since Cosmo also sent out the same week, a new comp offer with Visa cards........further reason to this they may be completely adjusting the whole offer basis and my drop wasn't based on my play.

I've always found them very generous, so I'll be happy to take what I can get....but trying to manage my expectations here - regardless of what my host said.

Thoughts or experiences?????
    Thanks!!!

2. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow that sucks, only thing I got was 2 nights for their 4 year anniversary deal
    no Visa

guess I better use it before new mgmt revamps everything:rolleyes2:

3. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One last important note.......the host said he'd comp based off THEO or loss, whichever was higher......he didn't say what my loss was, but I'm pretty sure I was nearly break even for the trip in hindsight. I can totally appreciate that that could have been the reason for the drop in offer.....but still confused that my host wouldn't have realized that and set my expectations for higher future comps rather than a drop.

Thanks~

4. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm also Gold. At the end of my trip in May I went to the host desk in the HL room and managed to have all of my charges comped b/t my play and my GF's play. The host told me to contact her directly next time we want to book. Never gone thru a host prior. We were booked on our typical 2 night comp mid-week email offer. We were able to combine our reservations as we both received the offer.

Less than a week after we depart I get an offer for 2 nights Sunday-Friday. Ok, slight upgrade. I also get an offer for the World Cup finals viewing party at The Chelsea. Code: DNLP4 All summer long I get concert ticket offers to just about everything except Bruno Mars.

Then I get a slightly upgraded offer of 2 nights any night of the week from Oct 9 to Dec 3 and $100 in promo chips. Code: DNLN4

In late Sept I get the same offer good from Dec 4 to Jan 28, same code.

Now this week, it gets good, 4 nights any night of the week but a bump down to $75 in promo chips for Jan 29 to March 25. I'm ok with that. Code: DNLHT4

So I emailed the host right away and got my 4 nights plus one of my Gold Status nights for the year booked. I keep getting concert ticket offers that I can't use. I really hope I get a Super Bowl party offer, I'll email the host again after thanksgiving once places start promoting their parties. So I haven't gambled with them since May yet my offers got slightly better each time. I'm guessing it's b/c it's an off peak time.

5. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmm....just wondering if they are making a move to increase nights and reduce free play overall, not just specific to my play that trip. In any case, I think their offers have been very generous~
    Great job btw on getting 5 nights total comp.....that's huge value right there!
    '

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm ok with them giving extra nights since the value of my "lost" $25 in promo chips is more than made up by 2 nights. Oh and my room is Terrace Studio which I quite enjoy and actually like it over the Terrace 1 Bedroom. Though I do want a wrap around, wonder if I should ask what the upgrade cost happens to be. But then at the same time, the $150 or so that I've seen it cost is $750 for 5 nights and that's $750 that could be spent eating or gambling! I need money to buy the 4 and 10's!

7. neuroboy

neuroboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My November offer had gone down as well, by more than a third.

My they for the last 30 hour trip was $5000, and the 3 day one before that was about $13,000 so I'm also in the camp of wth? Why are these offers going down?

I'm guessing because I've used three straight offers...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.