1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo backend comps....

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Jordan, Jun 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm at the Cosmo right now and down about 5k :(. I've accumulated about $225 in identity points in 3 days (22,500 pts enough for gold). I was thinking at the end of my trip I would ask a host if they can look after any room charges and keep my identity points. I'm not familiar with the Cosmo identity system so I'm not sure if they work like CET and take your points before they will look at any charges

For that matter, do you even think that a host would even consider removing any charges given my mediocre play?

Thanks COSMO Experts!!!

2. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My host has comped my room charges many times and let me keep my identity points. So clearly they have the authority to do that. Will they? Don't know. You say your play was mediocre. Like all comps, it probably depends on your theo. If you lost $5k in only an hour of play, you're probably out of luck. If you lost that playing 18 hours, they are more likely to take care of you. What did you play, average bet, time, etc?

3. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was soo all over the place I'm not even sure....Some BJ, Video Poker and Slots....Avg bet at BJ was prolly $35 ish

4. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes, they will specify discretionary vs using points.

and UK is dead on, it just depends on the host.

let me clarify, if you just stop by the identity desk or the front desk, they will use all your points! You must talk to a host to use the discretionary ones.

Fk

5. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chrome, I don't play enough slots to comment on that, but $35 a hand at BJ isn't going to get you much. Maybe you can comp one meal, if you played four hours a day at that average. Maybe. But hey, ask them. Worst they can do is say no

6. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    According to the site, you get 1 point for every $20 wager in table games, $1.50 slots and $7.50 VP. So you can get an estimate on your theo.

As stated above, just ask a host. They may comp your room or charges to the room. Worst they can say is no.

7. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My host will NEVER take points unless directed or REQUIRED. If you have no host, go to the host on duty desk in the high limit and ask.
    It can't hurt. As you have no host, maybe they will take you on. Even at 5k loss you may be able to squeeze 10% backend on soft comps
    like RFB. Good luck.

8. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks fellas...I think I'll just do like you guys said, go to the Host on Duty in the HL room and ask what my theo is and if I am eligible for discretionary comps...

That sound like a plan?

9. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My best guess is that I have about 80k or so coin-in, over 3 days.

Does that tell you guys anything?

Thanks

10. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My guess is with a $5k actual loss they are likely to comp between $500-1000. I'm not sure if Cosmo will count the offer you are currently staying under against your balance. If they don't, and if your room charges are below the top end of that range, you should be fine. It would be much easier to figure out if we knew more about your theoretical loss on this trip...but from my experience, most places will comp at least 10% of an actual loss when >$5k.

11. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you think the host on duty can/would answer the simple question of "What's my theoretical and actual loss so far"?

12. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes

13. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, they will tell you your actual loss. Very doubtful that a host you don't have an existing relationship with will tell you your theoretical loss. That's not to say you can't work it out of them with leading questions like "wow, I feel like I've been really unlucky...do those numbers tell you how unlucky I've been based on my action?" Saying the word "theoretical" to a host often scares them...they immediately think you're trying to game the system.

14. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have asked the host on duty for my theo (Wynncore, V/P, Cosmo, Aria) since I can't always get a hold of my host immediately. They always gave me it. My V/P host was the host on duty (where I met him) when I asked for my theo. All on duty hosts (no existing relationship) have been more than happy to give me the numbers, including theo.

If your play is adequate, they will give you their card.

I'm not a big slot player, but 80k coin in should get you some stuff comped. Your theo is 8k with 10% HA. Your theo is 4k with 5% HA. Your theo is 800 with 1% HA. I'm not sure what slots HA are.

15. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should have plenty of discretionary based on what u are saying. My host makes me cover room cost plus fp and food credit on my offer before getting more

16. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    once I get back to the Cosmo, I'll post back what the host on duty says....

Should I specifically ask if I have any discretionary COMPS available?

17. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let us know what they say.

18. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would ask specifucally

19. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok,just saw the host on duty, they say actual is $4200 and theoretical is $2200 and I'm a solid slot player, and he can comp me a room any time I want including weekends. Also. He said that he can comp me $3,4 or $500 with of food for this stay, no problem at all and he gave me his card. Thanks for the suggestions and sorry for the typing, I'm on my blackberry...oh, and one last thing, by my calc, I'm down about 5500 here, so there actual is off a bit!!

20. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back in feb a host at The Cosmo would not tell me my theo but in May a different host I spoke with told me without me having to ask and the gave me a card. So I guess they're my host now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.