1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cool Liquor Store??

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Cohiba, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cohiba

Cohiba Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey All,

When we get off the plane and get our rental car, we want to get some snacks, bottled water, and maybe some wine for our room.

I've never looked for a liquor store in Vegas and want one(if possible) that is either unique or has a LARGE and EXTENSIVE selection.

It doesn't really matter what side, because when we land on Sunday we have time to kill before we get our room.

Are the liquor stores open on Sunday in Vegas/Nevada?

Post the name and if possible the location(N,S,E,W) of the Strip, at least if I have the name I can google it.

Thanks!!

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In Nevada, liquor stores are generally open 24/7/365... none of that Sunday or state store crap around here!!! I suggest Lee's... there are several locations in the valley, but there's one just south of the rental-car center on Las Vegas Blvd that sure gets it's share of travelers. Turn left (south) on the Blvd and go for probably 2 miles... it'll be on the left hand side... large sign... easy in and out. If you get to SouthPoint, you went too far. I know it's going the wrong way initially away from The Strip, but not far and it's worth it! There's a CVS down that way too for other things you may need.

All Lee's have a "Large and Extensive" selection.

3. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since it is early in the thread (I don't mean to hijack) but I would be interested in learning which liquor stores also might have extensive selections of micro-brew / locally (western U.S. is fine) brewed beers for consumption back at the hotel. Thanks....and good thread topic....

1st Super Bowl DT...Panthers / Browns no doubt
    Spur of momento trip
  4. jackincols

jackincols Guest

Don't know how extensive you'd consider it, but I saw a newly opened store as you walk through to the new Quad from Harrahs. I'd think they're getting premium pricing though.

5. RedRock702

RedRock702 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always make a pit stop at Total Wine in Summerlin (I think it's technically still Las Vegas 730 S Rampart Blvd inside Boca Park). They have a HUGE selection and I always seem to find something new to try each trip.

6. ruralhipster

ruralhipster Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Khoury's fine wine and spirits it's a nice small store with great selection and prices that are reasonable for the high level of service (9915 S Eastern Ave).

Mostly after I pick up my rental car I head east on Warm Springs and hang a right on S Eastern avenue and head south under the 215 as I tend to have problems getting on the expressway from the airport rentals for some unknown reason. It's a one stop shopping spree with: an In-n-Out burger, A Tobacco Leaf (for cigars etc), a Krispy Kreme (if the lights on), A T-mobile ($3/day plans with data for us foreigners), Khoury's for (Buffalo Trace Bourbon, microbrews and wine), and a Wal-mart Superstore for any other needs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.