1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cookie Monster

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by johnvic, Apr 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I figured Vegas fans may find this interesting since Vegas also has these annoying character impersonators. I see these f***ers every day and they just get in the way and I wish they would go away. There's been a few incidents with them over the last few months that has been in the news. In general they are overly aggressive with children trying to get them to come over, it looks creepy, and then if the parents have the picture taken with one, a few others will swarm around to get more tips. Some work as teams. I can see them from our 2nd floor studio window and I was convinced that Woody was banging Hello Kitty. The thing that really annoyed me was that the Times Square BID commented that most of the characters are good but there are a few bad ones. They provide nothing useful to this city and just get in the way, even worse than the pedicabs, which I also hate. Anyway, rant over, here is a link to an article about the atest incident.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/times-square-costumed-cookie-monster-foul-mouth-article-1.1310664

Super Bowl Weekend for a Bachelor Party!
  2. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a fellow New Yorker I am disgusted by this too - as if Times Square wasn't crowded enough, the last thing it needs is this. I wish they would get off the Strip as well. There have been incidents on the Las Vegas Strip with these characters including brawls etc - and don't even get me started on those rip off NYC pedicabs!!!

3. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I call them pedifile cabs.

Super Bowl Weekend for a Bachelor Party!
  4. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Costumed Characters should be confined to Theme Parks

You dont know who's in that costume. Bloomie worries about big sodas ,not some pedophile or convict dressed up in a Barney suit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.