1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Conventions in Vegas, gotta love them

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by sxr007, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sxr007

sxr007 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go once a year for a convention. Being self employed, I don't have to go. But, hell their in Vegas. I always spend an extra 2 or 3 days there. Best of all, its a business expense. If only I could give the girls of the night to give me a receipt, lol.

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha! Those conventions are GREAT for the town! It introduces a lot of folks to Las Vegas and they come back... companies have dialed back the spend a good bit, but back in the day, some companies spent a fortune. I've always enjoyed attending and seeing people show up to the various sessions late, in sunglasses and sit in the back row lookin' for the first break to scoot out!

3. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WHAT?? Smartone, you are saying people skip the informative sessions in the no window conference rooms and go play!! I am shocked! LMAO, hell, I help run 3-4 conferences a year in little ole Colorado and people skip out all the time to go shopping! I can't imagine how bad it is in Las Vegas. Is Comdex still around in Las Vegas? I know back in mid 90's, I believe it was the largest convention in world, and some companies spent big time.

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe that's what's morphed into CES... though not as large as Comdex was, it's still one of the kings of the conventions. It's in January.

5. CVG2LAS

CVG2LAS Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I go for a convention once or twice a year. I typically go the weekend before the convention. This ensures that I will be in Zombie mode once the convention activities begin. I am always amazed how everyone else at the show / seminars can stay engaged, awake, and focused.

6. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Any excuse to go to Vegas works! Welcome to the board. :peace:

7. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would love to be sent to Vegas by my company.

8. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Submit as a charitable deduction, why else would she schtupp you? :evillaugh

Welcome to the board!

I'm also self employed and attending a trade show later this year. It was in Chicago last year, and I had a great time, but I think this will be better, I will stay a few extra days.

9. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board.

later, GVJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.