1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Connected Cards MLife

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Red&BlackSmoke, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red&BlackSmoke

Red&BlackSmoke Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Me and DW have our cards connected at MLife Properties. I am table craps player and she is a slot player with a little craps play.

Question: Should I use her card when I play any slots to make a higher coin in for one person or does it even matter since our cards are linked.

I know at TR places we just use one card because they will not link them together.

Thanks for your replies.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can link if you want.

BUT - offers are tied to each person based on their play.

So, if you put most of the play on one number, they get the better offers.

3. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're in the same boat with linked Mlife cards. Only been in Vegas a day before today, and my wife usually just plays a little VP and slots while i usually do table games for a lot more money. Her card is the only one with offers on it right now. Going back to Vegas next week. Based upon what I've read here the right thing to do is to put the play on one card by having her use my card at the machines.

Couple of questions to the gurus:

1. Our first day visit bumped us to Mlife pearl - We were planning to go get a new cards when we arrive. Will my old sapphire card still work for her at the machines?

2. Anyone see a problem with both of us playing VP at a bar with the same card in?

3. If she does want to play blackjack, will the pits at MB put play for both hands on the same card? Anyone ever ask them to do this?

4. If she wins a hand pay, should she pull the mlife card out before it arrives?

4. touche22

touche22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Only can answer #4.

I had my card in while a friend was playing slots. He hit a handpay and they just paid me since it was my card. They don't know circumstances behind these things. Maybe we pooled out money in the room etc.

5. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For #1, Your card will still work, I have a drawer full of sapphire, pearl, and gold cards that I normally take with me. never had a problem using them.

#2 - Are you both playing at the same machine, or both playing VP with the same person's card? I had two Mlife cards, and was playing two slots with both in, and found out after asking a slot attendant, it wasn't a problem to do so.

#3 - At the Aria and Mirage, they combined my play with my wife's at the blackjack table since our cards were linked. The pit boss said it was easier that way,and tracked the same. YMMV

6. dhlamar

dhlamar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you both come to Vegas together everytime I suggest just using 1 card all the time to get maximum comp value. If cards are linked I would think they are computing $ gambled divided by 2.

7. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I question some of these answers. The hubby and I linked our cards last May. I went in October without him and reached Pearl by myself. No matter which name I enter on mlife the numbers, offers are the same. If I am missing something here please fill me in. With CET we always used my card for everything, which meant that all the ressies and promos had to have me take care of it. I find it refreshing that my husband can book a trip without me at the same price.

8. AllNetDad

AllNetDad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AllNetMom and I are also linked at Mlife. Our balances on the website are identical, but the offers are very different. Mine has free show tickets, 5 nite stays, free play, etc. Hers has discounted rooms. We play the same games at the same denomination, and our individual coin-in is not that different. Alone, I don't think my play would justify my offers. ANM can also contact our host and book my offers as if they were her own.

That said, Mlife always seems to be a bit mysterious (i.e. inconsistent reports)

9. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know that right now the only actual offers (which aren't very good) appear on only her log in. Only thing on my card are tier discounts. I'll report back where the offers show up after the trip, as we will be doing enough play to generate something.

10. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally if my wife and I sit down at $15 dollar table and we each plan on playing less than $25 per hand (on average), we don't give them our cards, as I didn't think you could get rated for less than $25/hand.

Are you saying that if we give them 1 card and asked to be rated together, that our play could be rated at $40 per hand (if we each average a $20 bet)? If so, I feel dumb for never trying this before.

11. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's usually up to the pit boss' discretion, but that's normally what happens.
    Heading to Vegas next week, so I'll let you know if it's still the same when I get back.

12. vegas_or_bust

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. Looking forward to your feedback. We often play low limits together just to have fun and enjoy a few drinks, but we never give them our card in those instances (we do if one of us is playing higher stakes). I am definitely going to try when we go out in August. :beer:

13. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quick update from Vegas playing free bet blackjack, we had our play combined by All but one pit boss in about a dozen sessions spread across the aria, mirage and nyny the only one that had a problem was one at nyny in the morning.

14. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Zero problems getting rated together with my wife at Mandalay Bay. They did it at Blackjack, Craps, and Pai Gow.

15. vegas_or_bust

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the updates. This sort of blows my mind for some reason. I am kicking myself for not thinking of this 10+ trips ago!

16. doggiebreath

doggiebreath Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you do this by handing them just one card? If you gave them both, did they ask you to pick one card for rating?

17. Taking

Taking Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Wife and I have linked cards, but only gamble on mine at Mlife and her's for the Wynn. The answer's below are for Mlife only though.

1. All the machine see's when you put a card in is your number...don't matter the color!

2. You can put your card in as many machines are you want at the same time.

3. I've never had a pit boss not put out play together, really helps to up the average bet too!

4. Hand pay is for whoever has money in the machine and/or pushs the button. Think of it like this.... If you left your card in a machine and 15 minutes later a stranger came up, put in 20 bucks and hit a hand pay, even if you are watching and ran up saying it was your card...they aren't going to pay you over the person that placed the bet!

18. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I personally just hand them one card and ask to be rated together.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.