1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

conflicted

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by LolaDoggie, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked Bally's for the last week in Sept to avoid work on the LINQ. Now CET says they're starting work on Grand Bazaar in front of Bally's in q3 or q4 this year (face palm). I just want a hassle free good time. They might not start work on this thing until long after we're gone. Or we might get there and the front of Bally's is a torn up mess. I don't know if I should start over with picking another hotel or just leave it. I was happy with the location and price at Bally's. My husband doesn't help me plan vacations and he says I make him crazy talking about it. If I announce I'm picking us a new hotel and would he mind taking a peek at a couple of websites...it could get a little ugly over here.

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do they ever start on time? I'm not sure they do. You could always walk over the Paris and out that way if it is an issue. They are going to need to set something up for all the traffic while the construction is going on - not everyone would like to walk out the side and cross the street to Bill's. I'm wondering what it will be like too.

3. crussader

crussader Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Construction for the bazaar is not going to be anywhere near as extensive as the Linq project. Really shouldn't be a problem.

4. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The construction out front should not be a hassle at all. Even though the people movers, moving sidewalks, horizontal escalators, or whatever you want to call them, will be down/disabled; there are many ways around this:

- Go out the North Entrance where the tour buses drop off and walk across the street to Bill's, then onto the strip.

- Exit at the Valet parking and walk through the gardens (if they are open) to the strip. There may be a 'slight' detour this way.

- Same exit, but go South to the parking garage and walk along the tour bus route alongside Paris to get to the strip.

- Or just use the walkway between Bally's/Paris if you are going South on the strip.

You'll be ok. Just go and have a good time!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.