1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comps vs. timing it right

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Jake&Avery, Sep 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jake&Avery

Jake&Avery Planning my next vacation!

Sep 14, 2011
    Middle of NC
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    DH and I were in Vegas this past February and stayed at the Paris- we are low rollers, and my CET RCs balance when we got back and I logged in to my account was like 1,200...:rolleyes2: and hubbies was even lower!!

However, like most folks coming back from Vegas I was ready to book another trip and a few weeks I started looking at various dates later in 2012 to see what kinds of rates I could get going through the TR website...

I was shocked and amazed to find COMP rooms at almost all of the CET properties for the month of November and that started a plan to get myself and my sister back there within a year.

I finally decided on a date and booked a fully comped room for 4 nights at the Paris, Jan 17-21st (which is a weekend and a "holiday Monday")..

Did I get this comped room b/c of my "play" (you can laugh, its ok) or just b/c I was looking for a room after coming back from a stay and they were hoping to lure me back again?

To clarify, this was not an "offer" but just using their monthly rate calendar and seeing COMP for almost the whole month of January for Paris, Bally, IP, Harrahs, Rio, and a few scattered nights at Caesars..

I ask b/c when we get back from the January trip, I wanted to see about booking for October and was hoping to find more comped rooms.

Obviously Im very new to comps, and Im working on my RC balance right now by shopping trough the Marketplace so I can use the RC on food in January!!

thanks for the knowledge!!
    We're booked - hope we can keep this trip!!!
  2. magic_man12

magic_man12 Tourist

Feb 18, 2010
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are a ton of factors..... I definitely don't know them all .

I know when I started gambling and using my TR card, I would earn maybe 200-300 tier score in a trip.. (VERY little action). No comps obviously.

Fast forward a few years... I went on a couple trips to Caesars Windsor, had a great time! I only had maybe $200 to gamble with... I won maybe $200... lost $200... then ended up winning maybe $200 total.
    I checked my calendar online, and I was as surprised as you were, comps everywhere somehow....... :confused2:
    I was getting offers for free rooms in Windsor, and the calendar showed lots of comps at most of the Caesars properties in Vegas (minus Caesars Palace).
    I've been to Caesars Windsor several more times now, and I have been to vegas 3-4 times since... and now I get no comped rooms on my calendars on my own....
    My bankroll for gambling as significantly increased as well....

Come to think of it... it must be in their plan somehow... comp you as you're starting out... and then when you're hooked and able to afford more... (but not anywhere near 'high roller') you're stuck paying haha.

Although the last 3 trips I've gone, I've looked online combining my card with either my gf's card, or my dad's card (because I was going with them), and have stayed comped the last 3 trips, and will be again in November.

I have no idea exactly how it works.. but enjoy it while you can! :)
  3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Sep 15, 2010
    At the tables
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    CET gives room comps out like water. so enjoy!
  4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

May 4, 2009
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    As said above, CET is rather loose with free rooms, vs other comp stuff. You will see this in the various threads about CET and Comps.

Measuring your worth based on Reward Credits is of little value. The reason that is not valid is sometimes people use them to buy meals, etc. Tier Credits on the other hand accurately measure your overall gambling as these build for 12 months. But, even better, the most important is your ADT.
  5. drugsdrugsdrugs123

drugsdrugsdrugs123 Tourist

Jul 31, 2012
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I were you, I would book as many trips as you can right now

I am a micro-roller ($35/hand of BJ x 4hours/day), and I was in a similar situation not too long ago. If you are a low roller, you probably didn't earn those free rooms based on your play. As MagicMan wrote above, I think it's strictly a "teaser window" offer to get you hooked.

I started playing at Caesar's earlier this year. After my 1st trip to CET, I looked on the "calendar" and I had 98% off the days comped at Caesar's and 100% of the days comped at the other properties. Therefore, I booked another 2 two weekends (total of 4 days), and I played blackjack at the same level. After I got back from those trips, I rechecked the calendar. All my comps for Caesar's free rooms were gone, and most of the PH/Paris weekend comps were gone.

In retrospect, I wish I had booked more free trips while I was still in that "teaser window". I do get rooms free via "my offers" now though. What is nice about the "calendar" comps as opposed to the "my offers" comps, is that you can book the "calendar" offers several months in advance (as opposed to "my offers" which are usually just for the upcoming 2-3 months).
  6. Kort Jester

Kort Jester Low-Roller

Apr 18, 2011
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Slow time

I believe that has a lot to do with it being slow from thanksgiving till spring.
    We have not been to Vegas in over a year, and still got 4 nights for free at the flamingo in DEC.

We always go that time because it is cheap and there are few lines!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.