1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comps during busy and slow times.

Discussion in 'Comps' started by LV_Bound, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Per my host, a person's total comp shouldn't exceed X%. This raised the following question/scenario.....

Lets say it happens to be a slow week in Vegas.
    Rooms for Hotel A is only $30/night.
    I use my Free 4 night offer.
    Charge $500 worth of meals to my room.
    After my stay, total coin in is $7K

Four months later I am planning another trip.
    This time rooms at Hotel A are $100/night.
    Once again I use my Free 4 night offer.
    Charge the same $500 worth of meals to my room.
    After my stay, total coin in is once again $7k.

At the end of each trip I check to see how much additional will they remove from my bill which is essentially the $500 in meals.
    Would I get the same amount removed from my bill each trip?
    Since the comps are based on percentage and the room is significantly more on the 2nd trip not sure if that is calculated into what is already comped to me.

Would they maybe comp $400 of meals from the first trip and maybe only $100 of meals from the 2nd trip because the rooms are more?

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it depends on the club.

At CET if you book through the calendar, I don't think it matters the value of the room comp. But unless you have a host, you are only comping your TR points at the end anyway. Not sure what they'd do for higher players, but I get the impression its virtually nothing until you're a whale.

At mLife I think they would consider the free room a primary comp, so the amount they'd remove over and above your express comps would be reduced.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the comp value on rooms is the same year around. it has nothing to do with how much their website is charging for the same room. the only issue with busy times is that you may not get the big suite or whatever because bigger players are in town. but if the comp value on a room is $100/night, it's that same rate 365 days of the year whether the hotel is charging $30/night or $300.

4. LAV

LAV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not true. A host at CET will take charges off after using up your TR credits. You don't have to be a whale by any stretch of the imagination. You just have to be OK with their burning off your TR points in Vegas first, but they will take care of charges.

Obviously, having a good relationship with your host helps. I am just an average player like most people, and I sometimes even low-ball the offers I get, and my CET host still took all charges off.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.