1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comps According to Resort

Discussion in 'Comps' started by YukonSloMo, Dec 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My bride and I have been fortunate to receive great comps from Mlife Properties....

We know about the ADT impact on comps....but I have a question based on the star quality of each property.

In theory it appears to me that it is more likely to get more comps at a lower star property than a higher ?

So in theory Excalibur would be easier to accumulate comps than at Bellagio??

2. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The short answer is yes. A lower end hotel is less expensive, so it is easier to accumulate comps. Your theo is the same at any mlife property (provided the make the same wagers at Excalibur as Bellagio). But what your theo and comps get you at Excalibur is very different than at a top tier property

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It takes less play to get comped at a lower end property than at a higher end one. That just makes sense because things cost more at Bellagio than they do at Excalibur.

Tricky question because you use the word "accumulate" in there...

If you play at the same level at both properties you will "accumulate" comps at the same rate, however it will take more comps to get something free at Bellagio than it would at Excalibur.

4. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely.I have comp privileges on the Strip and Downtown.

I am mLife Platinum and on the comp list at the D. I get MUCH better comps at the D for the same amount of play. If you and your bride can "tolerate" Downtown, I would suggest that you travel there. You can always "visit" the strip.

The same applies for mLife properties. I was thinking of trying to "move up" from MGM Grand and Mirage to Aria and Bellagio and looking at the play levels required. B and A look kind of "high" considering my needs compared to M and M.

However, I know that when I was married, my wife wouldn't think of staying Downtown. Now that she's my ex, I can stay anywhere . . . . <G>

New Orleans 7* retreat. Food, food, and more food . . . .
    Tentatively Tahoe or LV . . . .
  5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And, I guess that is what she said as you walked out the door....

LOL!

6. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used to game at MB/TheHotel but decided to stay @ Mirage for use and convenience....I suspect with the information that everyone gave with the same budget i suspect the Mir
    age could be very good for us :)

7. CJ's

CJ's Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ouch!

The way I like to start a new year
  8. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mirage and MB are about the same.

9. parallax

parallax Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with the rest of the posters. I do the vast majority of my gambling at MB. I use to have a host at the Bellagio, who then moved to the Aria, but the offers do not compare with what we receive at MB (suite, 1k resort credit and $500 free play). My old host at Aria reached out to me after my last trip in August but we are going to stay at MB.

10. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All the above are true.
    Plus: each Mlife property has its own rule for comps.

11. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Accumulate is probably not the correct choice of words. Though MLIFE does have different levels in terms of their properties. I would see "decreasing" offers as the properties went up. So yes, it's "easier" to get a free room at Luxor than it is at Bellagio. But ask yourself if you really want to stay at Excalibur. If so, go for it and become "king of the castle". But don't stay somewhere that you don't like. When I was MLIFE I did Monte and NYNY as I didn't want to slum it but I wasn't interested in Aria or Bellagio.

12. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is excellent advice. Not to get off topic, but I recall a similar dilemma a few years ago when I felt like my mgm offers were inconsistent and frustrating. I considered moving the bulk of my play to CET. I did, in fact, stay at CET properties for a few trips, but quickly realized I liked the mgm properties more, so I went back. Its vacation. So I always say stay where you will be happiest. If staying at Excalibur for free is what makes you happiest, then go for it. But if spending a $100 a night and staying at (fuck you) Bellagio makes you happier, then spend the $100.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.