1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Complete Sports Betting Novice Help.

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by mdm4sfest, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This will be my 13th time to Vegas but my first time betting on football.

I am going with 5 guy friends and of course the second hardest part of Sunday will be finding 6 seats together however 2 friends dont game so I hope its only 4.

The hardest thing, of course, is knowing WTF I am doing. For a novice player, but a huge football fan, what bets do you recommend sticking to? I understand the over/under and point spreads. Should I do a 3-4-5 team parlay? I am not a huge bettor, maybe $50 total which I know isnt much. Been scouting websites for betting "strategies" and just the basics but it seems from all my posting that there are a lot of 'experts" on here so I guess taking recommendations is best.

2. Squib

Squib Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your betting small and just want to enjoy watching the games then I would throw a couple bucks on a parlay or teaser card. They are harder to hit because you need to win all games but the pay outs are good.

I was just in vegas a couple of weeks ago and was surprised at how many people had parlay tickets.

Have fun

3. vokalml

vokalml Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would do the majority of your bets as just the line or if you really like the underdog you can bet straight up and take the underdog to win and you win more. Then if you win do some parlays. I would maybe do one parlay on your original 50

4. ABQJeff

ABQJeff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I had $50 bucks and wanted to keep my interest through the day I would pick a 3 team parlay for the morning games, one for the evening and then perhaps parlay a team and the over / under for the Sunday night game. I'd probably do a 13 team teaser for a couple of bucks just for the "lottery ticket" aspect.

If I go to Vegas, I usually only have one or two good bets I've figured out, and I'll bet them separately, and perhaps parlay the two. But if I'm looking to have some action throughout the day, then I'll put together a few 3 or 4 team parlays and bet $5 - $10 on each. Just keeps things interesting...

5. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. I like all your ideas but esp on the 3 team parlay of betting in the morning, noon, and night. Never thought of that. Appreciate all your guys input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.