1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comped room now what?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by kps, Jun 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Setting the scene: She is a penny/nickel slot player while I am a poker/card table player at best. Not a heavy gambler on my end. We do a lot of clubs, now we're in my comfort zone, dinners and shows, so our gambling at the home base is maybe 2 hours for her max any day. And sometimes zip for me.

In December we were able to book our upcoming trip under her TR at Harrahs with the room comped Thurs, Sun, Mon and Tuesday with a generous reduced rate for Fri and Sat. Our cards were gold before they switched them to the new ones and we gamble 3-4 times a year in Las Vegas and AC.

Because she gambles so little, once she's down $40 or up $50 she's done for a few hours. Superstition due to a huge hit at PH 3 years ago. What is the best way to keep those room comps coming on her end or to improve her status card color wise? First time we have gotten this type of comp, usually just reduced rates when compared to the website. A lot of times crazy deals through SW vacation brings us in. I am thinking quarter slots max 75 cents? She enjoys the bells and whistles, the wheel spinning, more the entertainment value while I either sit at the tables, watch the games at the book or sit next to her with a cocktail and watch the lines go by.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First and foremost - the color of your card means nothing when it comes to comps. Comps are based on your play, or sometimes at CET on what they HOPE you will play.

Generally, your level of comps is tied to your Average Daily Play, or ADT or THEO. You might boost your ADT a bit if all of her play is on your card. Your play of course gets very little in the Poker room.

3. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they higher card level is basicaly only good for free upgrades ,express checkin and line skipping otherwise its all about how much you gamble.i was gold for years but played table games got all the comps i wanted but had to wait in the regular checkin in line even though my room was free.

if there are 2 of you put all your play on one card thats the best suggestion to build a bigger adt

4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Put all your play on one account if you can.

2. You're on the right track when you say " I am thinking quarter slots max 75 cents?" You want her to play something with lower variance, so there's a better chance more coin-in gets run through. I'm not a huge slot person, but if she likes the video type slot, I think avoiding machines with progressives will help some.

I was gonna say also play the smallest total bet she can stand, but I think that ends up being a wash. Your bankroll may last a little longer with a smaller bet, but I'm pretty sure the $ per pull plays into the equation somehow.

5. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many thanks to all for the feedback and info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.