1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comp resort fee question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Loparo34, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loparo34

Loparo34 Low-Roller

Last year I stayed at Excalibur and was at the MGM and went to get a new card because I dropped mine and she told me to make sure I call and get my resort fees comped and to put my food on my room bill and ask to get it comped. I'm not a big big gambler I do spend an okay amount but I don't always use my card so they won't see it. My thing is I got my rooms because of my Vegas and didn't pay for the rooms as it is but going this year I got 3 free nights Friday,sat and Sunday at the harrahs. I know harras is Caesars ent. But anyone know anything about getting resort fees comped? Just a random question. My thoughts would be that they would if you spend a lot of money but this lady at MGM said it didn't matter as long as you were staying at their property.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rule #1 - It all depends on your level of play.
    Rule #2 - If you are not sure, refer to rule #1

Really, that lady was wrong. Think about the logic of her response. EVERYONE that got charged a resort fee was of course staying there. And, if they waived it for everyone, there would never a resort fee.

As to how much you have to spend. Hard to give an exact number, but a few hundred a day is not going to do it. And, if you do not use your card, it never happened. You have to always use your card to get our play tracked. Also, you can ask for a couple of cards next time you pick one up.

CET/Harrahs will always use your Reward Credits first before offering any additional comps. Mlife generally will also do that using your Express Comps

3. Loparo34

Loparo34 Low-Roller

Exactly i was thinking the same things you just mentioned. I was just curious what this lady was talking about at the MGM. I can't complain I got Friday-mon for nothing I can cough up the resort fees between 3 people and buy 1 get one from myvegas and free meals between 3 people for 55 each for the whole trip and 200 for round trip flights. But everyone wants to penny pinch haha. Thanks for the feedback!

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depending if the others want or need points, give the one of your cards and put all the play on one account which will result in higher play for that one person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.