1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comp Question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Buckeye Bob, Jan 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buckeye Bob

Buckeye Bob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get out to Vegas once or twice a year and also play at some of their regional locations. I play a lot of poker and 25-50 a hand blackjack and seem to do okay with comps. Anyway, I have noticed on here a great deal of displeasure with the Gaming companies regarding how comps have gone way down. Much of this displeasure is certainly merited. My question though for the group is if your comps continue to go down, how much will this reduce your willingness to go to Vegas? While its nice to get things for free or cheap, I love going out there and probably don't see it changing for me but wanted to see what the group thinks.

And no need to rant and rave on this thread about CET or MLife. I already know how you feel.

Buckeye Bob

2. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think there was a thread on this subject last year.

For me, I would go to vegas significantly less if I did not receive comps. Right now, I got to Vegas 7 to 10 times a year. No comps means I would probably go 2 or 3 times a year. When I am deciding to get away for a long weekend or a trip, the allure of free stuff makes the decision much easier

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Folks go to Vegas for a wide range of reasons. For us, it is

gambling
    good shows
    getting room, food, drink for cheap/free (not really, but it feels good)
    escape from reality
    fantasy world
    get treated well
    excitement
    drunk whenever is appropriate behavior
    etc etc

As each of these factors move up or down, the number of trips will be impacted. Moving just one of the factors will not change habits. Move more and more and the trips drop off. Without any comps, we would be be returning. A little less - hard to say. Of course, this varies by person. But, no matter what folks say - in the end, one item will not sway them. It is a combination.

(by the way, you might want to change the thread title - since this is a COMP Message Board - it is pretty much a sure thing that this is a comp question)

4. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Less comps= less trips.

Because I don't go with my wife (I go with my brother) it is harder to justify going when I have to pay for everything.

5. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree 100% with nostresshere. The only thing I'd add as a factor for me is the ability to get there (it's less than a 2 hour, cheap, direct flight for me right now.)

And I'd caveat that it's not just gambling, because I can gamble an hour away with better rules (craps in colorado you can find 25x odds and $1 minimums) but it's just not fun.

So as different things become better or worse in vegas, or if they become better or worse elsewhere, that's what would change my desire to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.