1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Colson Whitehead's " The Noble Hustle"

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by dewey089, Jun 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dewey089

dewey089 Guru of Value

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just finished and enjoyed this fairly new poker book, a piece of nonfiction that reads almost like a novel. It is prompted when this novelist is offered a free buy-in for the WSOP if he will write an article afterwards. He is not much of a poker player at the beginning, so it is an interesting saga of how he trains himself for the experience and all the thoughts he has along the way.
    For more details, I have posted it on the blog
    http://vegasbirthdaybash.blogspot.com/2015/06/colson-whiteheads-book-noble-hustle.html

2. flyguyfl

flyguyfl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to read this one for the fun of it.

3. Snickers99

Snickers99 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Obviously, everybody has their opinion. But I hated that book. It's been a while since I read it but I think I did not like it because he doesn't seem much like a poker player. He was ticking me off not using poker terms correctly. Well, I don't want to get into specifics and ruin it for people who are going to read it, but there were other things I didn't like.

Funny story about this book. I got it out of the library, read it, didn't like it. A couple months later, it's my birthday and I go home for a family party. My Mom hands me my present. I open it up and it's this book! Didn't have the heart to tell her not only did I read it, I didn't like it. So, while I go on and on how I didn't like this book, it's sitting on my bookshelf. I should have a contest and give it away.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.