1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Clubs for 40+ crowd

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by Rooster0620, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Rooster0620

Rooster0620 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm headed back to Vegas with the fellas at the end of June and staying at the LINQ. Normally my trip is Sun-Wed to keep the rates low, but this year I'm there the entire week.

I was thinking of catching some of the Fri-Sat nightlife, but since I'm in my late 40s I doubt places like Hakkasan would want me, nor do I want to be the old guy plopped in the middle of a sea of 20 somethings.

Where do people my age go for a night on the town for drinks/music/etc.?

2. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whats your pleasure? Hanging out listening DJ and enjoying some drinks, meeting someone of the opposite sex in your age group, or live music / dancing.

My wife and I have a couple of places we like. We skip the clubs and do the lounge thing. Typically this would be Orchid Lounge (MBay), Times Square Bar (NYNY - If you like dueling pianos), Voodoo Lounge (Rio - DJ plays on weekends mixed age group), Indigo Lounge (Ballys - great live music), or LE CABARET (Paris - DJ). If you are looking for a nightclub hang out, then I have no idea since I pretty much gave this up when I got remarried. There are plenty of us in our 40's who still like to hang out and party in Vegas and listen to music.

3. BadKarma

BadKarma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only one place to go and you will have a blast: Carnaval Court at Harrah's. :banana:

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exactly what he said. Plus 40 here too and I have moved to the "lounges". Bally's is one of my favorites.

5. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Especially since you will be stumbling distance from it.

6. Rooster0620

Rooster0620 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All of the above. The fellas are all single and in their 40s/50s. They're not much for dueling pianos, but I'll definitely try the other places.

Thanks for all your suggestions everyone! It's much appreciated!

7. spdandpwr

spdandpwr Low-Roller

Is it me or do I feel like age doesn't really matter especially in Vegas. Especially if you aren't creepy and know how to dress.

8. Roo

Roo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mizuya Bar at Mandalay The Phoenix live band they are the best... lots of good dance music

9. FYMYAWF

FYMYAWF Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on where you're staying, but if you make it that far south Skyfall at Delano is usually a good mix of ages. I'm usually out of there by 9-10p though so I'm not sure how "clubby" it becomes later but for happy hour it's pretty great. Best view in Vegas as an added bonus.