1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Club(s) where men aren't afraid to ask a lady to dance??

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by ThisChicIsATramp, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThisChicIsATramp

ThisChicIsATramp Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    (As Whitney Houston's I Wanna Dance With Somebody is playing in my head.)

I'm looking for a club that (preferably) plays old school hip hop, MJ, Prince, 80's etc....music where the men want to dance. And they aren't afraid to walk up to me and ask me to dance....

Anyone know of such a place?

2. user3657

user3657 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lol, really?

Studio54 was a good place that had more dance music playing but they closed recently. Tryst has a mixed age group but they play club music.

I hear voodoo lounge is good for an older crowd.

When are you down there?

3. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are nightclubs really like 7th grade dances where the girls stand on one side of the room while the boys stand on the other side, afraid to talk to the girls?

4. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's 2012; ask them to dance if you like them. Girls are allowed to do that now.

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never have a problem asking a lady for a dance at some clubs: I just push my chair away from the table and wave a $20...

6. discostu

discostu Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe she wants a guy to ask her to dance...hence the question, where to find a club where the guy will ask her to dance.

7. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love to dance and welcome the opportunity to do so with the ladies. It no longer matters who asks.

Bill

8. BrandonB

BrandonB Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ask girls to dance in any club what's the worst that happens a girl says no? But this is coming from a college student !

9. Sidekicknicholas

Sidekicknicholas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well for the actually asking to dance part... good luck. If you simply go out on the dance floor and wiggle around, it won't be long before you feel people rubbing up on you.... odds are these aren't going to be the people you would want to dance with, but they'll be there.

Vegas seems to be opposite of "real life" when it comes to meeting people
    1. dry hump some stranger
    2. (if 1. goes well) offer to buy a drink and then ask if they would like to dance again... continue dry humping
    3. more drinks, go home with them.... sex
    4. (If 3. was good) take that person to get breakfast

...seems to be 180* opposite of how things normally work in life.

10. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Men have no problem asking a woman to dance.

Boys are scared of women.

11. ThisChicIsATramp

ThisChicIsATramp Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Discostu--Exactly. Obviously I'm showing my age here with the kind of music I like to dance to--that makes me sort of "old fashioned" and I prefer to have the man ask me to dance-sorry if that offends some of you other posters.

CousinEddie--I like that. A lot!!

The point of this thread is that I don't go out much and would prefer to find a place where I can dance...That's it.

12. tholdren

tholdren Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:

I dont get it. You have breakfast with people then have sex with them then dry hump them before during and after asking them to dance.

13. Stefano DiMera

Stefano DiMera Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I heard Vince Neil opened a new dance club, check it out!! :thumbsup:

14. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you get on the dance floor on most of the clubs. There will be people dancing in groups, on their own, with their friends etc. Its not like a wedding where you find someone sitting at their table and ask for a dance.

You just start dancing on your own. Come up to a guy make eye contact and start dancing. They can end up coming up to you and start dancing with you.

No words have to be said. No formal introduction. Just start dancing and if it looks like its working out, then start talking to each other. LOL.

15. AeroSKI5150

AeroSKI5150 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out the GOLD LOUNGE (Aria) on Friday nights - 80's night !

http://www.arialasvegas.com/nightlife/gold-lounge.aspx

I'll be there in a couple weeks... 5/18 in fact...

16. Sidekicknicholas

Sidekicknicholas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doesn't everyone?

17. farkingidiot

farkingidiot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL!! QFT, sidekicknicholas! Thischicisatramp, you are my kinda girl with your musical tastes. :thumbsup: I agree about Vegas being the opposite of real life. People seem to be more self contained when it comes to dancing, BUT I think you see that attitude moreso in the higher end clubs. I find you get a looser attitude at the clubs on the lower "tiers." One of my favs for anybody dancing with any one is Voo Doo lounge. There's a lot less of the "look at me, I'm cool" vibe you get at some places, plus the music is the type we like. Lavo is pretty good on both counts, too, but it's a little tight space-wise in there. I think I'd throw Tao in that mix, too. A step down from that group is Eye Candy Lounge. You just got to catch it when there is a crowd.

What sucks is guys asking girls to dance is a lost art, imho. At home, my big thing when I'm out with the boys is to make eye contact and smile at a group of girls when they're dancing a few times, then make my way out there to dance with them. For me, the key is lots of smiles and act silly. It seems to loosen up the "this is a creepy guy looking for sex vibe, so that's why he's dancing with me" vibe. It does amaze me how often guys will hang around the fringe and not dance.

Two of my more memorable times "asking a girl to dance", so to speak, I was at Tangerine and a bachelorette party was out of the floor. I was with a group of twentysomethings (4 guys and a girl) and I kept trying to coax the guys into dancing with the party. When they kept being chicken, I waded into the middle of them and started dancing silly. They got to laughing and I was out there about half an hour with them, taking turns spinning different girls around. It was a fun time. My group was like, "how do you do that?" I couldn't believe how their fear of rejection kept them on the sidelines.

Another time, I with a different group (four guys) and a mother and daughter were dancing. I threw a couple of smiles their way, then joined them, acting silly, to start things off. I had to leave the floor when they got me in a sandwich, with Mom behind me, and she reached around front, holding me in a way only my wife should. :wink2: my group thought it was hilarious. Actually, I did, too. I've always thought it a bit odd guys don't step up more in Vegas, but I think the clubs I listed above, especially Voo Doo, have a more causal tip to them and guys tend to step out to the floor moreso than a lot of other clubs.

One thing that I think is pretty cool in Vegas, is a see more guys dancing with.....guys. That says to me they are out having fun and not trying to front.Maybe you can try siddling up to them as an icebreaker to have one of them peel off and dance. Kind of the reverse gender of what I do. :wave:

18. jeni921

jeni921 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know how you feel…I love to dance and have found that you just have to get out on the floor and dance! Sometimes the men ask and sometimes they don't! I find that in Vegas women are comfortable getting on the dance floor without the men. Eventually if there are men who want to dance they will get with you on the floor and then ask you to dance from then on.

I just returned from Vegas and went to several of the lounge clubs where there were great cover bands playing everything from 80's disco to current Top 40. Always some good line dances (Cupid Shuffle and Wobble) along with good slow songs for couples.

Good places to go dancing: Indigo Lounge at Bally's; Toby Keith's at Harrah's. The Orleans Lounge and Gold Coast lounge don't get much mention, but they always have awesome bands with good dance music. I do see a lot of wasted time go by when there will be no one on the dance floor and i know there are women wanting to dance but don't dare dance or ask someone. And that is too bad…everyone should dance and have fun when the music is good!

Men just don't get it that women want to dance! What to do?

19. ThisChicIsATramp

ThisChicIsATramp Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    jeni921-I hear ya. I think it may be like farkingidiot is saying, they are too afraid of rejection which I completely understand. And you're right on about how frustrating it can be when all a girl wants is to dance to the music and no-one is asking. Thanks for the tips about the Orleans Lounge-I'll have to check that out.

AeroSKI5150-80's night at the Aria sounds awesome-wish I could be there then-Have a great time!!

farkingidiot-Thank you so much for the in-depth analogy from a mans point of view. It does seem like more of an easy way to get over that initial "creepy guy looking for sex" vibe when you just join the ladies who are already dancing, lol....but then I'm still at the point where I would have to walk out onto the dance floor all by my lonesome and hope someone joins me asap!! At that point I think I would have to ask someone to dance before doing that!

I have been to the voodoo lounge once and enjoyed it but was not there to dance-we sat outside. I don't remember what kind of dance floor there was there, but will have to see...or I could just go to Purple Reign AGAIN-I love their show except for the fact that it's way shorter than when it was at the Boardwalk which sucks. If I recall correctly they invited me up on their stage one night to dance!! (I do recall, but a lot of the details are a little hazy, if you know what I mean...)

20. user3657

user3657 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you seem to know your stuff, what "lounge" per say, has the bigger dance floor? Im use to these mega clubs...and want to try something like voodoo etc since they play the older music but Im looking for a club(as in dance floor) and not just a pretty little corner lounge.

I always hear about voodoo, what else is good?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.