1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Citibank Aadvantage Mastercard - advice please

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by weluvvegas, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello friends,

Since we have a bunch of travellers on here, I thought it best to ask you about this card. We keep getting the card offers in the mail but I've been hesitant to apply to avoid any additional inquiries on our credit reports. However, they have the offer of 30k miles after so many purchases and my mother has this card and uses it for everything, like cash and always has miles to fly somewhere. It would certainly be a great card to have.

My question is, what do you think is the average credit score that is needed to get approved? I've read everything from 620 to high 600s - some people say it's easy to get approved, some say not so much. We have been rebuilding our credit for the last 18 months or so and my husband would be the one to apply- his score is around 645. Mine is a bit lower.

We have several cards with low credit limits and 12-18 months perfect payment history. We just paid off 2 of them completely. We have a couple of cards issued by Citibank...the American Airlines card (only good for flight purchases) and a Goodyear card which is also by Citibank. We also hold our checking and savings through Citibank as well.

What has been your experiences with this card? Have you been approved with a score in the low to mid 600s? I'd hate to get an inquiry ding on his report just to get denied.

Thanks in advance!

40th Birthday Bash!
  2. rooster42000

rooster42000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    over 720

3. lithium78

lithium78 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I wouldn't even think about trying to apply unless you have at least a 720 score. You wouldn't want to take a hard pull for nothing. Check out a website called www.whogavemecredit.com and you can get an idea of what kind of score you need for various credit cards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.