1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Christmas FAIL!!!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Sonya, Dec 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lordy, I'm struggling this year with Christmas. I've had all kinds of health problems this year from my adrenals to a monster of a Christmas cold. I managed to get a tree up and bought a few gifts, but it was not pretty.

I'm still short a few gifts and think I might just email some gift cards on the 24th. I bought a ham to make for Christmas dinner and we're doing bacon wrapped scallops for Christmas Eve, but I think that's going to be it for me this year.

Wow. So much different from every other year. I hope my poor family forgives me for the failures. :)

Anyone else feel like you failed at Christmas this year?

2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

You love folks and you are taking care of them as you can, as they take care of you.

I see no failure whatsoever.

3. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll bet your family appreciates what you can do. Get better and have a wonderful Christmas.

Bill

4. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't like to make a big deal out of Christmas. Usually I'm in Vegas or somewhere else but I'm staying home this week.
    My only FAIL so far was me sending out Christmas Checks to my Nephews and my Great Niece and Nephew only to be told
    that I forgot to sign the checks! Whoops! I had a BRAIN FART!! I've since voided those checks and sent out another batch.

5. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to do Christmas up pretty big. If anybody remembers my old Vegas Xmas trees. For various reasons I've cut back considerably. I have a short list of things that I feel are important for us to have a nice Xmas. When I say us, I mean me. My husband is a butcher and he's pretty much comatose by Xmas Eve when the store closes. Anything past that is gravy. Some years I put the big tree up, other years I have to be satisfied with the small spare. Some years we have our Xmas dinner at a truck stop because I'm not up to cooking. About 10 years ago I hit the realization that it's my Xmas too, I get to enjoy it too. I went through many years of ruined holidays because of my family situation. Then for many years I made sure I was working every holiday. I figured screw them. Then I realized I was screwing myself. Ever since then I've been enjoying Xmas on my own terms, no pressure. It suits us a lot better. I'm not a Scrooge, I love Xmas, I just don't like the pressure so I keep it low key.

6. QueenAngie

QueenAngie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    •*¨`*•.•*¨`*ೋღღೋ*¨`*•.•*¨`*•.
    Merry Christmas Blessings
    •*¨`*•.•*¨`*ೋღღೋ*¨`*•.•*¨`*•.

7. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

sorry i missed your post earlier this week, and i just know you made do ok. best of fortune in the new year, and will be thinking of and praying for you.

8. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, it went okay, but my heart just isn't in it this year. It would be so much better if I wasn't so tired and constantly coughing my lungs inside-out. :haha:

Dan's big present was from "me", but I didn't have anything to do with it. He got a new bike. It's a Transition for any mountain bike nerds out there and he loves it. My mom got him a new bike computer so he doesn't have to share between bikes. That made his inner database admin giddy! He's out getting muddy this afternoon. I'm glad he's happy.

Food was great and we have tons of leftovers. No more cooking for me this weekend. YAY!!!

9. sandybeachbar

sandybeachbar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hope you feel better quick!

10. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the flu from Tuesday until it is finally breaking up today.

No one came to see me.

My sister, who has been dependent on me for financial support for 14 years (ex. I gave her the money to buy a car and she has never paid a dime back, $25,000, and I am still stuck with insurance and registration, since I put it in my name to save money and just last week gave her $600 for repairs to it, plus all the other money I have given her, approximately total $35,000)informed me via phone that she considers Christmas cards, Birthday cards, etc. to be sappy pieces of cardboard with no value and is therefore no longer sending them, so I didn't even get a fucking smiling ass Santa to look at. She also informed me it was my fault I got the flu because I went to the Eagles vs. Redskins game last Saturday and caught it in the bathroom and therefore it was my fault.

I put up no decorations, trees, lights of any sort because I was too depressed to go through the motions.

My brother called on Christmas to thank me for the gift I sent him. That took 2 minutes. The next 90 minutes was about his ex, his lousy girlfriend, his ungrateful kids, his lack of mobility and blah, blah, at least he sent me a card, even if it was one of the one's from the pack the Salvation Army sends around.

I made kielbasa and sauerkraut in the crockpot, had a small dish of it, got severe diarrhea on top of the flu and had to throw the rest of it out.

January 12th is my 66th birthday. Last year on my 65th, which I consider a huge milestone, I not only didn't get a card from my sister, I didn't even get a phone call.

In this past year I have paid $4000 for a new roof, $6000 for dental work and $3500 in back taxes plus the fine (that one's on me). That adds up to a huge percent of a government pension check. Consequently, no Las Vegas.

This year I am praying I get a nice chunk of taxes back in my return. Also, Social Security kicks in (offset by pension, so around 60% of normal) but I can put that straight to a Vegas fund.

I just want to sit at a Blackjack table and play and sip a drink and bullshit with the people at the table, even if they change the rule to I have to pay them a dollar for a blackjack.

I just want to be away from here and all of this bullshit.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

11. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is so sad Breeze....No one should be alone at Christmas! I hope 2015 is a much better year for you and you are able to get back to Vegas.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.