1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Choose two: Scarpetta, Circo or Sinatra

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Jennylove59, May 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jennylove59

Jennylove59 Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Out of the three which two would you choose and why? Price isn't a problem. We just want to make sure we are choosing the better options of the 3. So if it were you where would you eat?

2. Capn12

Capn12 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've not been to the first 2, but I've been to Sinatra twice, and would most certainly go back again. I'd definitely put that one in your list. Osso Bucco, and a Sinatra specialty drink....all you need.

3. Alhanalasa

Alhanalasa Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 to this! I've been twice and everything I've had at Sinatra has been lovely. Is the drink with muddled blackberries called the Sinatra Smash? Can't quite remember, but it was very good. :licklips:

4. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to Circo and Sinatra, and both are worth a visit. At Sinatra, the Osso Bucco is excellent, and so is Frank's spaghetti and clams.

5. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They are all "pretty good" but I have never been blown away by any of them, frankly wish I liked them more in all cases. Then again, I prefer French to Italian.

Scarpetta: Probably my top choice of the three, very modern sleek atmosphere, currently best food of the three, go for the unusual pasta dishes or the full tasting.

Circo: Fountain views are the best feature, food is fine but has gotten less inventive in recent years. Last time I thought for what I paid there I may as well have just gone to Le Cirque, which is far, far better imo.

Sinatra: I really want to like this place more, gorgeous dining room, but in my view very average food. However, I am the only person I know who is underwhelmed by this place. Since you're not me you'll probably love it.

6. queuetee

queuetee High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought I wasa the only only person who was not impressed by Sinatra. I loved the space and the memorabilia but also was not impressed with the food.

Your comment on Circo is making me rethink my reservation there. Should we go back to Le Cirque which we both loved?

7. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FWIW, I prefer Le Cirque to Circo as well

8. VegasSteven

VegasSteven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can only comment on Sinatra and for me, being a huge fan of his, the decor of the restaurant is a big draw.

But having gone three times now and ordering something different each time, you could do a lot worse in Vegas for the same price range. Loved the Spaghetti and Clams.

Also an appetizer dish there you might overlook is the parmesean asparagus. But don't overlook it because it's way above average. A unique dish that almost makes asparagus taste like gourmet pizza. But my description does it no justice. Must try. :beer:

9. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes......

10. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

I haven't been to Sinatra so no comment there, but Scarpetta is very well done and I enjoy Circo even more.

I've dined at Le Cirque and it's a wonderful French restaurant. It's hard to compare it to Circo. We're talking French vs. Italian. The cuisines are very different. Le Cirque is great because it's not snooty or pretentious like French restaurants can be. In fact, the only comparison that can really be made is that both restaurants are whimsical. Le Cirque is more formal, but I appreciate the relaxed atmosphere at Circo. At Circo get the carpaccio, lamb chops and Mama Egi's ravioli. Then, finish it with tiramisu for dessert. It's a stellar Tuscan meal. If you want French you'll be terribly disappointed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.