1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Chocolate Cake

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by vegas4pools, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegas4pools

vegas4pools Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who has the best piece of chocolate cake in town. Well, preferably on the strip. Usually when I plan on a steak dinner I love to close the night with a rich dessert. But find it too hard (too full) to indulge in right after a piece of meat from a steakhouse. So I won't mind walking it off (and gambling) and returning to a restaurant a while later for maybe another appetizer and a rich dessert with a few cups of coffee. Hey evening is just getting started by now!

So who has them? A nice big, triple layered chocolate cake!!

I love how we visit all the trendy, upscale, romantic restaurants and their desserts are a scoop of this, a petite piece of that... I want death by chocolate.

I've heard of Strip House Steak in PHo having one of the most decadent piece of chocolate cake. But I always wonder how upscale places treat patrons who are there only for dessert. Any input on that notion?

2. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Strip House's 24-layer chocolate cake gets lots of attention. I've tried it. Good, but not the best I've ever had. You can order it to go at the bar. I think a piece of it is around $13.

Personally, I like to go to Max Brenner at Caesar's Forum Shops to be knocked out by good chocolate. Sugar Factory & Jean Phillipe are often recommended, but never did much for me.

Let me know what you find. I adore chocolate!

3. vegas4pools

vegas4pools Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure what all the fascination is with Max. Maybe I didnt give it a real chance. I didnt get it... is it dessert? is it chocolate? is it food? We went in for dessert. I found the donuts with dipping sauces and the fondue playful. But I don't want to play with my dessert. I want it to be better than nookie. :banana::banana:

I did have the Red Velvet Sundae from Sugar Factory. Now that was a good one.. And the pastries from JP are excellent.

Attached Files:

4. Wildride098

Wildride098 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would have to say the Grand Lux Cafe located in the Venetian. The Deep Dark Fudge Cake.

5. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Long way to drive, but the coffee shop at the Pahrump Nugget had this HUGE piece of chocolate cake what was more than enough for 4 of us to share! Yummy! :) No absentee celebrity chef, I'm sure, but a lot of talent in whoever made it! :)

6. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To be honest , i dont think i have ever had chocolate cake in LV. But then agan its wouldnt be the main reason to go there either.:wink2:;)eek2 LOL.

7. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was able to resist temptation, but the place across from Sensi in Bellagio had a piece of chocolate cake that looked like it would be illegal in most states. :)

8. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also like a good chocolate cake. I have not found one that was great on the south strip yet!

9. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    took a to go piece at strip house from the bar it was no problem at all

but even if it was 24 layers it wasnt that sweet really, i prefer the cupbakery cupcakes

10. bryinmi

bryinmi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd be interested in this as well as I haven't really found anything chocolate that knocks my socks off in Vegas. I have found that chocolate cake and even brownies can be so deceiving. Many look absolutely fantastic but then you take a bite and it's actually fairly bland. Seems to happen to me with chocolate cake moreso then any other dessert.

11. Bo333

Bo333 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or they're so sweet you can't eat them. Okay, you can eat them, but you feel ill afterwards :licklips:

12. vegas4pools

vegas4pools Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm surprised to read how the Strip House Steak 24 Layer Cake is just "ok" based on reading upon it.
    Yes we are fans of The Grand Luxe Cafes. They are our go to place that is 24 hour and we want a good meal for a good price. Can't beat that place. I'll be down to try their Doule Fudge Cake. I wonder if that is something that is made on premise or trucked in.
    Hey when your in Sin City everyone is there for their own reasons. Well, still looking for that sinfully piece of chocolate cake!

13. Happily

Happily High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Grand Lux and Cheesecake Factory were created by the same guy, and they both have pretty great chocolate cake.

14. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.