1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Chip in Rental Car Windshield...

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Rutgerskid, Jun 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rutgerskid

Rutgerskid Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all,
    I didn't notice a chip in the windshield of my rental until I left the garage and was in a hurry, so I didn't have time to return the car. Upon return, the agent didn't see it, so I told her about the chip. I had to fill out a form and was told to wait and see...

Anyone have any experience with this. I declined insurance, as I have Discover.

Thanks!

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    why would you tell her? I know you were trying to be nice, but seriously that's just asking for them to screw you. hopefully it all works out for you in the end as I know you were trying to do them a favor.

3. matti

matti Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't have told the agent about the chip, but that's in the past. With Discover, are rental cars covered for damage?

My wife and I rented a minivan a few years ago for a trip through Death Valley and other parts of CA (we drove from Minnesota). My wife backed the van into a concrete pole in the motel parking lot; ugh, I immediately called the rental company and told them about it. They said no big deal.

We also had to tape a bunch of paper signs to the van (long story) using pretty strong tape. Before we returned the van, we removed the tape and it appeared to damage the finish of the vehicle. We scrubbed the van with rubbing alcohol to remove as much adhesive as possible before bringing the van back. Never did hear anything from them about it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.