1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Chinese for picky eater

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by fire46149, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fire46149

fire46149 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm looking for a good Chinese restaurant on the strip that serves great noodle dishes. My wife is pregnant and looking for some good noodle dishes. i on the other hand am picky but like spicy food like Kung pow chicken or orange chicken served pretty plain. We are staying at the Wynn so red8 is our first thought So open to suggestions near us.

2. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is for others who might view this thread.

Food Express @ Palace Station has some of the best Chinese food I have eaten.

The place looks like a hole in the wall which somehow adds charm.

3. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are willing to fade $20 for a plate of Kung Pao Chicken, Red8 is going to be just fine. For a bit more you could go to ZINE Noodles (also Dim Sum) at Palazzo. I think it is a cooler looking room, trendy. Tons of cheap places next door (strip mall to your North has a couple of places) and I think Fashion Show Mall has a couple, including Panda Express.

4. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not cheap, but I can vouch for Zine. I ate there on a comp once and the room, service and food all exceeded my expectations.

5. bigsuv

bigsuv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you have a rental or ok to go outside the strip, chinatown has more choices and much cheaper.

6. dunebug81

dunebug81 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. The pork fried rice is amazing!!

7. Reston

Reston VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about Noodle Asia at the Venetian? Noodle dishes I've had there have always been good. Probably less formal, cheaper than the Wynn place.

8. gguerra

gguerra Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you go west on Sands which is the road just south of the Wynn, that will turn into Spring Mountain which is packed with Asian restaurants. Only a couple miles at most from the Wynn and you'll be right in the middle of China town. You could probably pay for the cab and still pay about the same as compared to any place at the Wynn.

9. lmondun

lmondun Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a bit of a walk from Wynn to Caesars, but we've eaten at Beijing Noodle No. 9 at least half a dozen times now and always really enjoy it. They serve several different types of noodles, all made on-site.

"BEIJING NOODLE NO.9

Beijing Noodle No. 9 is a bustling Las Vegas Chinese restaurant serving authentic Northern Chinese cuisine, with an emphasis on noodles handmade every day right here in this Caesars Palace Las Vegas casual dining restaurant."

10. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I totally agree with this call.

11. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    mmm!

panda express is just a fast chinese food chain but I love it!

12. fire46149

fire46149 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the replies. I have seen some of the places mentioned here so I feel pretty good with whats around us for choices :)

13. azbob

azbob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two excellent choices at the Gold Coast including Ping Pang Pong...one of the best I Vegas...the other is Noodle House (could be wrong on the name) but, it is also very, very good.

14. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely second that.

Cosmo Christmas
  15. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  16. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten at the Noodle Exchange 4 or 5 times, but retract the nice things I previously posted after eating there in late May. The Kung Pao chicken was okay, but the Mongolian beef, which I had gotten once before, was way oily. But aside from the food, we had to ask for napkins, beg for my missing eggroll, ask for additional water, and the second entry arrived at least 10 minutes after the first. No one ever checked back to see we needed anything; such as, noodles for the soup. We gave up waiting for the check and just told them what we had at the register. I wouldn't say good service is one of the Noodle Exchanges strong points to begin with, but the staff's indifference has turned me off for good. Sitting at the counter works out a lot better if you insist on eating there.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.