1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Checking out early question

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by jtf, Jun 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtf

jtf Tourist

If you have a reservation that didn't require a specific number of nights, what happens if you decide to check out early? Are you just charged the amount you booked at for the nights stayed? Or does checking out early change the reservation and so you are charged the going rate for the number of nights stayed?

I have 2 rooms at Excalibur booked for 5 nights in July. The rates and resort fees have increased since then - so if I change plans and decide not to stay there the whole trip, I would prefer to check out early, rather than cancel and re-book.

2. DBear

DBear VIP Whale

Would you know if you're staying the entire length at time of check in? I've had the front desk check in remove a day or two before when plans changed. No big deal for them to remove the last night or so and you'd only be charged the nights you stayed.

3. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since they charge for one night if you don't make it (and not cancel the reservation at least 72-hours before the check-in day), I would think that if you at least stay for one night, you would only be charged for the nights you stay.

4. jtf

jtf Tourist

Thanks DBear and Aces and Eights! I wasn't sure.

5. jtf

jtf Tourist

Just adding this in case someone reads this thread at some point looking for information.

http://www.excalibur.com/excalibur/faq.aspx#Q2

Q: Is there a charge for early departure?

A: Yes, an early departure fee in the amount equal to all remaining room charges and tax will apply to, and be due and payable from, guests checking out prior to their scheduled departure date. Guests will be asked to confirm their departure date upon check-in. Guests may be able to change their departure date without penalty at the time of check-in, depending on the terms of the rate which they have reserved. Please contact the hotel for further information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.