1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Checking in for free play / resort credit

Discussion in 'Comps' started by bearsfan, Dec 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bearsfan

bearsfan Newbie

Dec 28, 2015
    Heading to Vegas in a few weeks. Used to be Platinum mlife but no real status anywhere now. Former host went to Wynn and we still keep in touch as he's a good friend of mine. Only go to Vegas once or twice a year at most.

Here's my offers and my plan. but I've never done this so I have a question about doing this below.

1. mlife several hundred dollars in freeplay and same amount in resort credit + 3 nights (assume bellagio)
    2. Wynn host will match the offer in freeplay, resort credit and free room
    3. still have diamond at harrahs and an offer to get $250 resort credit by staying

Assume I don't care about my relationships with either MGM or Harrahs.

If I check in to all 3 properties on the same day, no-play harrahs but use the resort credit for dinner, min-play bellagio but use all freeplay and resort credit, and just concentrate all play at Wynn...

My biggest fear is that bellagio and harrahs charge my credit card that I check in with for the cost of the hotel nights and used resort credit since I min-play / no-play them, which makes this strategy not worth it. But if that won't/can't happen and I just have to deal with reduced / no future offers I'm fine with that since I follow my host who is a good friend.

Thanks for any input from those who have done this before.
  2. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Apr 6, 2013
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    They wont charge you, you just wont get any decent offers next time.
  3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

May 4, 2009
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any upfront offer does not require you to play a single dollar. They hope you will. They want you to. But, unless the offer specifically says the offer is based on a certain level of play, then no problem. And if they did, you would contest the charge, since you never agreed to any particular room rate. After all, how do you know, or would agree to any unknown rate?

Personally, I would play a little anyways.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.