1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cheapest Flights From Milwaukee/Ohare

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by VegasCigars, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasCigars

VegasCigars Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey all, does anyone have the cheapest flights worked out from Milwaukee or Ohare/Midway to Vegas?

Flight costs are a limiting factor for me on those quick hit trips...

I'd appreciate any help!

2. greekjim

greekjim Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it is tough to find a cheap flight out of Milwaukee cause it is basically only Southwest out of there

3. Hurr1cane310

Hurr1cane310 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How close are you to Rockford? Check Allegiant flights out of there. They only fly certain days but my last flight was from there and cost 212 dollars. They also fly out of Appleton.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SWA also does have a monthly calendar listing their fares. If you're flexible on dates, it is one way to save some money.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  5. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I fly out of MKE on SW, last April I paid $412, in October I paid $412 and last week when I booked for May I paid $412. BUT they are having a nice sale going on now through the end of the week. As low as $344. Since I had already paid I don't get cash back but I get full credit on my next flight (if used in a year and it will be). Sometimes Frontier is cheaper but not really if you have to check a bag(s), plus only SW is non stop (I really miss Midwest).

I haven't priced out of OHare, I avoid it if I can. Southwest flies out of Midway, not Ohare and I don't want to deal with going down there either.

To me time is money and unless it's a huge savings I won't bother with the time/hassle of Ohare or Midway.

6. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bought mine last week for Feb 23rd SW MKE to LAS for $330. Allegiant does have the lowest from Rockford, but I cannot speak to quality of flight.

7. SARCASTRO

SARCASTRO Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been flying out of Appleton my last 4 trips to Vegas. Flights are direct and the airport is nice. As everybody probably knows, Allegiant hits hard with additional fees, but I have a flight booked for Feb 21st for $290 plus like $40 for additional charges. Their flights are Mon - Fri or Fri - Mon.

that is all !

8. VegasCigars

VegasCigars Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm fairly close to Rockford...I could probably make that work...two questions is that area safe to park and does that airport have a bar? Haha

9. Dicehawg

Dicehawg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes it's very safe and the parking is free. You can probably find a parking spot 100 feet from the front door. I don't remember there being an actual bar, but you can buy drinks at a kiosk.

10. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

I've done MKE and Rockford and Rockford is hands down winner. Allegiant prices have been beating SWA and those people at Rockford go out of their way to accommodate travelers.
    Not only is parking free and plentiful, but you don't even need a shuttle to get to the terminal. Old-fashioned airport travel at its best.
    However, MKE is also one of my fave airports.

11. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whatever you do, don't let the inexpensive flight cost of Spirit out of ORD sway you away from slightly higher rates out of Rockford.

12. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI, Southwest prices are up a bit today on MKE to LAS. At least for my May dates. So it's gone from $412 to $344 to $376

13. dylanfann

dylanfann Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I booked a flight out of Milw. on Frontier for the end of April. $234 round trip.

14. RedRock702

RedRock702 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think there still might be some $112 flights out of Milwaukee for the end of Feb left yet!

15. Lhammer28

Lhammer28 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, I am pretty shocked at the price drop. The flight I am on has went up a lot since its the first NS flight out of MKE that day, im sure. But If you aren't set on the time you need to get there, I just found a flight im going to tell some friends about for the end of Feb with me... its $239 RT flying out Sunday the 23rd with a layover in SFO and coming home wed night NS. I am shocked how low it is!!

16. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a good Frontier price. Personally I'll pay more to fly non stop but that's me. Stiil pisses me off what Republic did with Midwest/Frontier. :grrr:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.