1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Chase Bank... grrrrr

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by sybgal, May 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone on here ever had any issues with Chase Bank? We paid off our mortgage on Jan 9 and are still waiting on the paperwork / deed. We did receive a letter acknowledging the payment & even got a check for the overpayment. I have sent them several email for info and have tried to call them....but give up after on hold over 20 minutes. I have my TR Visa with them also and have threatened to close that account for lack of customer service. Sorry, just needed to vent!! (I retired from a bank in April 2013 after 40 years in the industry and this type of service would have gotten my employees written up!!)

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not a big bank fan of any of them, but we do have 3 Chase credit cards and never have had a problem calling into that number for customer service.

Maybe try calling in on the Visa number and they could transfer you quicker to the correct dept.?

Now Time Warner...don't get me started.:grrr::grrr::grrr:

3. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chase purchased my WAMU mortgage a few years ago. I am dreading the fees and hassle when I finish paying my mortgage next year and attempt to clear the lien and obtain title.

I also have a BOA HELOC which I'll also close next year, prior to paying off the first mortgage, and I'm dreading the near certitude of grief that will accompany this process. Will be glad when my accounts will be limited to a credit union and a small community bank.

Matthew 21:12

4. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a similar issue with my Auto Loan...Paid it off and took forever to get the paper work.

Have had zero issues EVER with BofA

5. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chase gave us an offer in our cc statement

Open checking acct. get $200 ,open savings acct. another $200 . Thinking about it. Have United Airlines Visa ,formerly Continental for years,no problems,several free flights.

6. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The banking industry is a sick society, paying multimillion dollar bonuses to idle executives and financing them by playing fast and loose with the rules, expecting the government to help them, and paying zero interest to old ladies on fixed incomes who had depended on their CD to help them get by.

Practically the only way to make money from a bank these days is to take out a credit card and earn cash back. Naturally, banks hope you'll pay more than that in interest, and if you don't, you're considered a deadbeat.

To me, most banks are about the same. Some are a little better. I would put Chase into the "little better" category since it has kept its nose a little cleaner than others.

This is not a political post.

7. Camp Rusty

Camp Rusty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chase = Disaster

Chase is the worst bank I have ever had to deal with........they have zero response to any mortgage issues unless it benefits them.

I found they will drag out things until you either give up and pay the fees, or threaten to ruin your credit standing if you dispute anything with them.

Chase is evil :grrr:

8. MWJ51102

MWJ51102 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a chance I'm way off on this but......

I see you're from indiana. Me too. We paid our house off around 5 years ago. I don't remember getting anything from our mortgage company either. (GMAC). I'm pretty sure I picked up the "deed release" from the county offices.

Like I said I may be way off. If I have a chance this evening I'll look through my paperwork.

9. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm from Ohio and didn't have my mortgage with Chase....but when I paid off my mortgage I never got anything either!

10. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol, you were a good bank employee, when banks had good employees. I am shocked at how horrible the service has gotten in the banking industry. I swear that teller is now an entry level job, equivalent to McDonalds. Seems I am lucky if I get one that can speak English fluently enough for me to understand. Fortunately all my banking is now done online, unless there is some kind of error or out of the ordinary transaction, in which case I just go to my bank manager, who has been a family friend for 30 years.

I agree with Joe though, Chase CC phone service is normally decent.

11. Rush

Rush MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a good chance your loan was "farmed out". They may have no idea where the deed actually is!

12. donfairplay

donfairplay VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They (Chase) don't hold the deed. Chase has a note (the terms of repayment) and a mortgage (the security instrument); which are a lien on the property, and the lien is recorded on the deed by the county.

- Ask for the original note (has your signature, and often stamped cancelled or paid when its returned to you) and mortgage.
    - Ask for a mortgage release/release of deed of trust, if they didn't already give this to the county directly.
    - Ask for a statement showing it is paid [you already have this, as you said].
    - Check your credit report and see if its reporting correctly as paid off.
    - Change your loss payee on your homeowner's insurance to you instead of Chase, after everything is done.

My guess:
    I'm guessing they sent the lien release/release of deed of trust to the recorder (county, most of the time). Getting someone from Chase on the phone who knows what got sent where is probably a minor miracle, so you may have to bypass the customer service monkeys by asking for a mortgage release/release of deed of trust and then take it to the county recorder, IF and only if Chase didn't already send it there. It's probably for the better if it is sent by Chase to the recorder though.

* this is assuming its a 1st mortgage. if its a revolving line HELOC, you git nothin'.

* this is assuming it wasn't done through MERS, which imo is a scam perpetrated onto borrowers by the mortgage industry, and can result in a clusterf*** of a title chain.

13. MWJ51102

MWJ51102 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may want to contact the county to let them know you paid off the mortgage incase they don't automatically remove your mortgage deduction from your property taxes.

14. S'AllGoodMan

S'AllGoodMan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep. Call you Town Clerk and I'm sure it's already been registered with your records office.

15. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

I quit banking at Chase 35 years ago.
    They were "nickel + diming" me w/ all
    their little fees -- for this + that.

16. atcmurph

atcmurph Watcher Of The Skies

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is interesting. Just last night I adjusted my Chase mortgage payment to get my house paid off a month before I am eligible to retire. I have never had any issues with them, but, then again, I have never had to deal with any problems. I guess I'll see....

17. HAWJOHN

HAWJOHN Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My memory is vague but I think I only got my mortgage papers (paid in full) when I paid it off over 10 years ago. I think they sent the info to the state"s Bureau of Conveyances where it was recorded that I owned the place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.