1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Charlie Trotter's Closes

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by xmarksx, Sep 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know this i old news for Las Vegas as he closed his Palazzo location a couple of years ago. I read in this mornings news that Charlie Trotter closed shop in Chicago. He is leaving the business to go back to college and study philosophy...

2. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, that's unfortunate. I'm a big fan of Charlie Trotter. And he was a great mentor to many chefs who have gone on to successful careers.

If you're ever in Berkeley, CA, walk down University Ave a few blocks from campus and you'll come across a set of three shops side-by-side all started by Charlie Trotter alumni (Slow, eVe - currently being reimagined, and Chocolatier Blue). The restaurants are great and Chocolatier Blue is the best artisan chocolate shop I've ever had the pleasure of tasting.

3. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Loved Restaurant Charlie at the Palazzo, it's a shame such a talent is getting out of the biz altogether :cry:

4. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been to the Chicago restaurant and I really enjoyed it.

Lately it's been trendy to unfairly call Charlie Trotter's passe, but we can thank him for developing haute cuisine that wasn't French, but uniquely American. He will be missed.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.