1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Changes to Venetian Grazie Gold and Palazzo Platinum VIP Lounge

Discussion in 'Comps' started by evoni, Mar 23, 2016.

1. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been away in Vegas so not sure if this has already been posted or not.

I was staying at Palazzo during the week of St. Patrick's day and playing in the Venetian HL room when I noticed the Gold lounge was closed at 11pm. I asked one of the slot attendants about it and this is what he had to say about upcoming changes to both the Grazie Gold Lounge and Platinum VIP lounge at Palazzo. I don't know this for a fact but he sure acted like he knew what he was talking about.

The Platinum VIP lounge at Palazzo will only have food from 6am until 9pm at night instead of 24 hours as in the past. It will be open 24 hours a day for drinks and VIP reservation.

Starting around April 4th the Gold Lounge at Venetian will have drinks but no more food in the offering. I hope he is wrong about this and they at least have fruit or cookies. According to the employee I spoke to there are too many gold members and a lot of them have been eating a lot of their meals in there so it's been costing Venetian too much money and this is there way of putting a stop to that. He said at some point in the future when there are less Gold members (not sure if he meant because they will be making changes to the number of points needed or what) they may go back to having food in there at that point.

We'll see if what I was told is accurate but during my stay they already went to the new hours for food at the Platinum lounge at Palazzo so some of it at least is correct.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  2. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a side question (and if I read up, I probably could get this) but are you Gold or Platinum, Diana?
    Is Gold worth getting, or is only Platinum worth it? (Seems like Gold is pretty damn high for a video poker player, at $500k coin-in annually, which for that you could make 7* with CET)

Palace Tower Suite!
  3. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm Platinum with Grazie. Up until now I thought Gold was worth it to most Grazie gold members due to the lounge with food being available 24 hours a day for a snack, but without that I'm not sure it's worth it.

4. Geogran

Geogran OTD Tea Sipper

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Evoni for that update - darn - wouldn't you know it, i just made Gold a few weeks ago :grrr:
    you are right gold isn't worth that much without the refreshments in the lounge, and we don't stay/play enough at V/P to make Platinum.

BTW I love your TR's and slot video's!!

5. NickyJ

NickyJ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe they'll scale back on carding people entering the Gold lounge now. Hopefully the Platinum lounges don't become too crowded as a result of the changes. The Gold lounge is convenient to stop for a quick bite when playing in the Venetian and nice because there are tables and more places to sit. Depending on what it is, I sometimes have a cup of soup in the Gold lounge too. I wonder if they'll add that to the Platinum lounge now or if the soup will be no more. Thanks for the heads up!

6. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Darn it, sorry that happened to the Gold Members. Thanks for letting me know you like the blog and slot video's, it's a fun hobby for me. :)

The Platinum lounge for a while now has been over crowded due to them letting VIP members from that one hotel group they are aligned with have access to it. Used to be I never saw a child in there, now it can have quite a few at various times of the day. I agree after these changes take place they will not need a employee any longer at the door carding people.

7. Letter_E

Letter_E Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This legitimately sucks. Rolling into the Gold lounge at 3am to recharge (soak up all the evening's alcohol intake) on onion soup and a cheese plate to get that 5th wind is a staple for my trips.

8. nhcris

nhcris High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm checking in at Palazzo on the 4th, so I will make it a point to check out the Gold lounge. I normally only go in there once or twice on a 3 day trip since I mostly play at Palazzo, but I have always appreciated that it is there when I need a little snack or just a break from playing.

I'd prefer they increased the number of points needed for Gold and leave the lounge alone!

9. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow is all I can say. The Gold lounge hardly ever has anyone in there when I am there. It might be open 24 hours (not quite since they close for cleaning) but does not compare to the diamond lounge at CET. I always wonder how you can get a drink other than coffee or tea and where is my butler they talk about.

10. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's strange as I'm in Vegas a lot and up to them making these changes the last couple weeks, there was always food out 24 hours a day in the Gold Lounge and there were 1 to 2 servers in there taking drink orders and except for late night and early morning it's usually been packed with people the last couple years. However, I did receive confirmation that they made the changes and now there's just coffee, tea, iced tea, lemonade and water there and surprise very few people.

11. CinnamintStick

CinnamintStick High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am one that likes a bloody mary in the morning but never could get one. Maybe I am there at the wrong time the last two years. I live close and I am there often too. I am Diamond at CET also. My cousin is Diamond and wanted to compare the benefits so I took her in. Other than a few cookies, fruit and crackers and cheese I cant see how anyone is making that a meal. Again we could not get a alcoholic drink. I am usually not up late at night so maybe that is when they serve drinks. The Gold lounge is boring compared to the diamond lounge. They have blended drinks and even serve prime rib at times in some of them. Now that is a meal.

12. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm Diamond with CET too but I have never been in one of their lounges yet because the hours are so short and inconvenient for me. From what I have read on this board and others about the Diamond lounges lately it sounds like a couple of them have long lines to get into them and the few that have been reported to have food other then finger food appetizers is mainly Harrahs? But I'm going by what I have read in messages here and on Trip Advisor so perhaps it's incorrect. Doesn't really matter to me since I'm only looking for a snack and eat my meals at restaurants.

Up until the changes with the Gold Lounge that happened this month, most hours of the day the Gold Lounge always had soup, finger sandwiches, salad in addition to the cookies, fruit, cracker and cheese you mention. While I wouldn't make a meal of it, I guess there were plenty of others doing it. :) I think the only times it didn't have the soup, salad, and finger sandwiches was from about 3am to 10 or 11am. They used to offer 2 hot appetizers but they stopped that a year or two ago. Fortunately for me the Platinum lounge will still offer the food, mixed drinks and lattes/cappuccino's but only from 6am to 9pm instead of 24 hours. Though there was mention that the booze and coffee would still be available 24 hours a day in the Platinum lounge.

13. NickyJ

NickyJ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can confirm that changes have been made, even beyond what has already been mentioned. I didn't spend much time in the lounges, but here's what I know from a recent trip on what's currently being offered. I stopped by the Gold lounge as well as both Platinum/VIP lounges, all were pretty empty.

Gold Lounge -
    Food is no longer available. When I visited, only water, tea, and coffee were being served. I was, however, quickly asked if I wanted anything else to drink.

It looked to me like the Gold lounge is being rebranded as a high limit slot lounge. The card swipe machine is gone. There is a small sign outside the door saying something like "This lounge is reserved for high limit slot players." There was someone posted at the entrance. I wasn't carded or questioned before entering, just told once, "You know, there isn't food available in here anymore." I can't recall for sure, but at one point wasn't there a big letter sign above the entrance saying Gold Lounge? It currently says something like "High Limit Lounge," maybe someone can confirm?

VIP/Platinum Lounges-
    Food is still available, but is more limited than before. In the morning I did see a pastry tray. At some point later in the morning, the typical cheese, crackers, fruit, and sandwich trays are put out. But, they are taken away at 1:30pm. During much of the day I only saw cookies and whole fruit. Getting something else to drink from a butler was no problem.

Here's one more data point regarding the lounges and check-in benefits. The Grazie status level benefits were update recently on the V/P website. (I can tell because Human Nature Jukebox is now listed and Rock of Ages removed.) I have an older copy of the tri-fold benefit brochure to compare.

The website currently lists a Gold and Platinum benefit as "Invited Guest Check-In & Complimentary Suite Upgrades -Subject to Availability." I don't know when this change was made, but in the older brochure, check-in was combined with the late check out benefit, listed as "Late Check-Out and Special Check-In Desk." In the recent past, Gold has had access to Invited Guest Check-In and Platinum to VIP Check-In. To me, I question whether this subtle change is to begin shifting the default Platinum check in to the Invited Guest desk too, making VIP check in more exclusive, and host/other invitation only? I don't know. Thoughts?

Also, "The Venetian Gold Club Lounge Access" benefit listed in the old brochure is no longer listed on the website.

14. VegasOrBust

VegasOrBust Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi All!

I can definitely attest to evoni's post. No more food in the gold lounge. In fact I am sitting in here now and it is like a ghost town I am the only person in the entire Lounge! Iced tea, coffee and that is it! This is really disappointing I always looked forward to my breaks from gambling to grab a biscotti or little sandwich.
    I did learn that they will offer you a full menu where you can order and charge it to your room. Lahdeehah!
    I'm not the only one disappointed as everyone walks in here and complains!

15. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the details NickyJ and VegasOrBust.

I thought the Venetian lounge was previously called the Gold Lounge too.

I'm wondering if the Venetian Lounge will eventually be for Platinum level gamblers while the Platinum lounge at Palazzo will be for Platinum and VIP guests. Previously the Platinum lounge was getting pretty crowded at times because they were giving access to their guests who had a status level with the hotel group that the Sands has some sort of partnership with.

I'm also wondering if they might raise point levels for making both Gold and Platinum later this year or the next.

I'll be staying at Palazzo again on the 21st and will try and get a hint of what else they might be doing.

16. Geogran

Geogran OTD Tea Sipper

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Question for V/P gold status members - If I'm gold status with a comp suite offer, what would a 'Complimentary Suite Upgrade - Subject to Availability' look like or be defined as? And in your experience, how often are you able to get that upgrade assuming it's not a super busy time? Do they offer it automatically at checkin or do you need to request a complimentary upgrade?

Also, does V/P still reset status in December each year?

Thanks all.

17. Letter_E

Letter_E Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my experience, the "Complimentary Suite Upgrade" has consisted of a "strip view". Which means if you're on the Venetian side, you might see the Mirage volcano. On the Palazzo side, it's a view of the new CVS at TI. I usually ask, and mostly get, a view of the Wynn golf course. My trips in the past few years have been on the weekends due to work considerations, and rarely have been bumped up to the next tier of rooms for free, but I will pay for an upgrade to the Terrazzo suites on the 3rd floor (Palazzo side). If I can talk them into giving it to me for $50 a night, that is. Anything more defeats the purpose of a "free" room, IMO. I like them because they have a patio and a fireplace if you're there in the fall/winter months.

And yes, your Grazie and status points both reset on Dec 31.

18. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep. "Suite Upgrade" just means "Strip view." Since we always stay at Palazzo, that means I have to ask for a golf course view, since I have tired of the view from the other side and a certain tower. But once Steve starts work on his new project, that side will be nothing but construction to look at. Guess that means we'll be looking at the airport for a few years!

19. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm Platinum and for my upgrade I ask for the 900 section of Palazzo even room numbers and a high floor. This give me the hallway with the shorter walk at Palazzo and a strip view that includes the High Roller Wheel, Mirage Volcano and out toward Mandalay Bay.

20. Geogran

Geogran OTD Tea Sipper

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for all the info on the Suite Upgrade - maybe one of these days I'll be lucky enough to get something other than a tall wall view...not that I'm complaining - a comp suite at V/P is still sweet considering we only play/stay there about once a year which makes it harder to retain gold status. I will miss the finger sandwiches and fruit in the Gold lounge...but again I'm not complaining...