1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Change to my flight schedule

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by The Stig, Dec 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now I have been sent notifications before where there has been a slight change in times, but earlier this week I booked my flights between Manchester and Vegas for the end of May. I booked on Expedia and my schedule was to fly via Atlanta with Delta, but on the return between Atlanta and Manchester even though I was on a Delta flight it was booked by Air France. Yesterday I received an e mail from Expedia telling me that Air France had changed the return flight and when I looked at it I couldn't believe it.

It was Vegas to Atlanta, then Atlanta to London, then London to Paris and finally Paris to Manchester, I rang Expedia for a alternate and shorter route back home, first I was offered Vegas to Manchester via Salt Lake City and Paris, then I was offered a route via Atlanta but one day earlier and finally I was offered something better which was Vegas to Manchester via Atlanta, slightly earlier times than the original booking but on the day that I wanted to fly back.

When I spoke to somebody at Expedia they explained that the flight I booked from Atlanta to Manchester had been cancelled, and come to think of it after I had made the original booking I wasn't able to choose a seat for that flight, so I wonder if this flight was a no go from the start.

2. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man that sucks. But it will be worth it :beer:

3. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. I read the post and went WTF? I mean how many frequent flyer miles was that going to come to? Then I reread and checked your profile. I had you in Manchester NEW HAMPSHIRE which would have made a much more interesting trip. But I feel your pain if only on domestic re-routes. Good luck! (obviously expedient is not the origin of Expedia)

1st Super Bowl DT...Panthers / Browns no doubt
  4. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My flights have been altered again but it's not too bad as I now get into Vegas 90 minutes earlier than the original times :beer:

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe its just been me, but it seems like Delta is always pretty quick to cancel or change flights around... I don't like flying with them because of that.

6. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the first time I have used Delta, my mate uses them often and he says it's a good service via Atlanta. The latest change has got me getting into Vegas earlier but it has cut my stop over in Atlanta to 2 hours now.

7. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've used Delta a few times from MAN, but we usually book direct unless it's a big saving. Had lots of small schedule changes before, but that first one must be eligible for some sort of prize for the longest detour ever.

We booked yesterday's Virgin flight with Delta and saved £80 each over what Virgin were charging. Worth looking at for future flights maybe? ( VS85, MAN-LAS)

First trip of 2017.
  8. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was certainly surprised when I got that first change, I flew direct last May but used Thomas Cook and I thought it was a good service, I looked at them again for the trip this year but after add on's Delta was a better deal, but I will look at the price that Delta offer for the Virgin flight next time.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.