1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Change for September Trip

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by gotavegasjones, Aug 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are heading out Sep. 3 for a three night stay at Planet Hollywood. We decided to extend our trip 4 nights. This would require staying over a weekend. I hate to pay for rooms. When we have stayed over weekends in the past we usually have pay a reasonably low rate. Called Pho and the cost four the additional nights was going to run about $370 total - $92 a night. No way am I paying that much at Pho. That same day my wife gets an offer from Hard Rock. It offers us $69 Fri, $79 Sat, $19 for Mon & Tues. $208 total - $52 a night. In addition $10 free play and $10 food credit. And, with the offer the Resort Fee is waived. We booked it that very same day. I'm fairly pleased. Still slightly miffed about paying anything for a room in Vegas.

later, GVJ

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to be the same way, but I cut back my gambling last year and now I only get discounted rooms at some resorts. I was upset at first, but its kind of nice now, I dont feel the obligation to gamble, dont get upset over losses, etc, etc. I dont have the gambling gene as they call it, I like to play some VP and that is about it. The rooms are so cheap anyways, and they get your money one way or the other. Enjoy early Sept., its right up there with my favorite weeks to be in town.

3. topcard

topcard Older than the Stardust!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, there's always the Quad...(at least on my TR offers, they pretty much seem to comp 7 days/week for a lot of weeks.)

All kidding aside, perhaps you would consider doing your weekend night(s) downtown, on a split-trip.
    The Boyd places are pretty reasonable for most weekends, and a lot of them are comped (assuming you have a 'b-connected' card).

If you do, check the b-connected website... be aware that, even though your offers may say 'comped nights Sunday - Thursday only', if you go to the booking calendar, often it will show comps available for Friday & Saturday as well.
    If you don't have a card (yet) their rates are still quite reasonable. Boyd is pretty generous with comps & offers. Depending on how you play & at what level, they may very well comp your weekend room nights anyway. Just check with a host before you check-out. The worst they can say is "no".

Finally have the room booked! Look for me Feb 21-23
  4. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    captainron62 - yeah, compared to other cities room rates (even at the fancy joints) in Vegas are inexpensive. I am slowly getting OK with paying a decent rate at some joints. A reasonable rate ($>$59)at Green Valley Ranch or Red Rock is palatable. Wynn (>$99) and Mandalay Bay (>$70) are places I've paid to stay. We enjoy low limit gambling. We do not play in order to get comps. Our offers come from marketing departments - not from hosts based on our play.

topcard - I like Imperial Palace and have stayed there several times. My wife does not. We generally get all the CET properties, save for Caesars, through Total Rewards. We have Boyd B-connected card. Haven't gambled much at their properties in several years. Maybe we will give 'em some action this trip.

later, GVJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.