1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Chad Johnson Arrested, Cut By Miami

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by TommyToledo, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TommyToledo

TommyToledo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After all the dust settles, of course another organization will give him a look. THIS was my team's big off-season move. Hootie was right: the Dolphins make me cry.

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just happened to watch last week's episode of Hard Knocks on HBO and you could "feel" somethin' comin'... Chad's usually a funny guy, but he seemd rather "flamable" in that episode. He was warned, if the "circus gets bigger than the talent, a choice would be made..." The Dolphins are a marginal team with a new coach... no room for the circus! I think it's the end of Chad in the NFL... hard to imagine after catching just 15 balls last year with the Patriots that anyone else will have an appetite for him at this stage in his career and with the excess baggage that comes with him.

3. TommyToledo

TommyToledo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never say never on him not ending up with another team. Maybe not for this season but for the right price, he could end up somewhere.

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True... but my Raider's, who are usually first in line for cast-offs, were actully caught getting rid of receivers. It's one area they actually look good in (possibly the only area). It'll be interesting to see what happens with T.O. in Seattle and Moss in S.F. and even Braylon Edwards, who the Dolphins passed-on and I think is in Seattle too.

You're point is well taken though... for the right price, there'll always be a market...

5. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    he is a damn moron ! LOL

6. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was the word out of Patriots camp last year, not enough between the ears to understand their offense.

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  7. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't believe anyone is taking a flyer on Edwards. Dude can't catch the ball, the other two are still decent in their years. Moss's problem was he didn't care when he came back here to MN and in TN, I will be honest I had TO on my fantasy team two years ago when he was with Cincy and he put up very decent numbers

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  8. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't buy into what the media pushes. A pro bowl level receiver with the Bengals still has to not only learn a multi hundred page playbook, but to perform at that level, master it. NFL playbooks are no joke. Ocho is a witty SOB as well.....momma didn't raise no fool.

Nick:beer:

9. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe it. Theres a reason the Patriots are a Super Bowl contender every year. Actually 2 reasons- #12 and the guy with sleeveless sweatshirts. Their playbooks are alot more complex than the Bengals, and that is a promise. Do you find it odd after a few years without even making the playoffs they finally do after 85 is sent down the road kicking rocks? He is a distraction more than an asset

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  10. NickPapageorgio

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Again, more hype.... it is likely more difficult, but not by the degree claimed. 3 reasons: new team, new system, getting older.

As far as the new bengals, great young qb and great young receiver along with a defense that is unbelievably solid. They DID NOT reach playoffs due to Ocho's absence. C'mon man.

As far as distractions....A Phil Jackson knows how to handle them. Marvin should have been fired by now.......period. Put Chucky or Cowher in charge in Cincy and you woukd have seen results during the Ocho/ Housh/ Palmer/ Spikes years. Loads of talent.

11. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will have to agree to disagree. The media wasn't the only one saying he couldn't catch on, several Patriots players and a few coaches said that as well. Can't blame it on a new system, I believe Mr Moss stepped in and set a few records with the same team and quarterback. I am very excited to see what NE can do this season with McDaniels back

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  12. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would've agreed with you a couple years ago, but the past 14-16 months speak loudly. :peace:

13. NickPapageorgio

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 totally different players with different talent levels. Moss was the consummate deep threat, while Ocho made his career with mid range crossing patterns, something the pats rarely utilize. The Pats system is a system of exactness with timing routes, not Ocho's game at all. Ocho also never was or is Randy Moss.

NE has holes a plenty on their team. They'll lead the east, but Baltimore is king of the AFC. Detroit is going to impress this year in the NFC. This year will have teams not making playoffs that are 11 or 12 win teams in years past. The NFC east and north will be brutal. Should be a great season.

14. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't follow football, but made the bad choice of watching one season of Dancing With The Stars while he was a contestant. A slimy, arrogant, lecherous fool constantly making sexual advances on his dance partner throughout the season. After every performance, you just sat there waiting for his obligatory come-on to her. It was like a drinking game. He should be hosed down with bleach and left out in the sun to disinfect.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.