1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET VIP Access Pass earned through Total Rewards Visa- various questions- help!

Discussion in 'Comps' started by vegasloverfromatl, Oct 10, 2016.

1. vegasloverfromatl

vegasloverfromatl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all,

So I hit the $10,000 spend on my July statement and still haven't received my letter in the mail and we leave a week from Saturday! What should l do? Also, I go to the rewards credit booth to get my new Platinum card correct? I am also platinum only from my Total Rewards Visa.

Also, I forget where to look to see the reward credits being earned on a daily basis from Total Rewards Visa. I remember being able to see my purchases and then the reward credits being credited as I was making purchases without having to wait for my monthly statement to hit. Does anyone know?

Thank you!

2. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 Low-Roller

I would contact total rewards. I actually had to contact them to ask them why my account hadn't changed from gold after my billing cycle ended.

So I assume it would work the same for the VIP access.

The rewards are automatically added to your TR account. So log on to the TR webisite to see how many u have.

Good luck!

3. Frankr163

Frankr163 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may want to call Comenity Bank (The TR card issuer)and ck on the letter, I received mine within a month of reaching the spend level.
    You will need the invitation letter to get the VIP access card.
    Last May when I tried to pick up mine at the Cromwell I had the letter, but the printer was down there and I was told to go to Caesars. I went there the next day without the invitation and they could not help me without it. Was able to pick it up the next day, but honestly the card is pretty much useless.
    I used it once for a line pass at the Flamingo coffee nook.
    As for the platinum TR card any Total Rewards desk should be able to print new cards for you. For the VIP card you are limited as to where you can get it.

4. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the VIP card.
    Call the bank. Ask them to email you the letter as an attachment so you can print the letter. Explain the time crunch.
    Cromwell is where you turn in the letter for the VIP card. Use the letter in the Diamond check in area when you arrive. Usually no lines and I find the Diamond check in easier for free upgrades.
    VIP card is good for Diamond check in, All pools, Taxi Lines and more. Also good for quicker(Diamond) lines at buffets
    Any rewards center will give you your Platinum card.

I agree with others, not a whole lot of benefits. But it cost you nothing to get it, if you do it right. No gambling involved. :) Diamond check in and buffet line passes are the two things I like.

Superbowl Baby
  5. vegasloverfromatl

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I agree it's not the greatest thing BUT it does let me cut the line at restaurants and for that, it's worth it! I feel like I do better at the regular check in at Caesars with the $20 trick to get my upgrade instead of the Diamond check in. We only have a Palace Deluxe booked and was going to try to get upgraded to Augustus.
    But you ask for free upgrades there? I don't gamble enough to be high roller but I did get three of my nights comped and only paying for the fourth. You think I should give it a shot?

I sent an email earlier but I'll try the call and email thing. Thanks!!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone that is now at a new tier can just walk up to the Total Rewards desk and get a new card (or cards). Easy stuff.

7. vegasloverfromatl

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I failed to mention in my first post that I am looking for the letter for the VIP card but luckily the first few posters knew what I was asking. I know I can get my new platinum card but the VIP is the issue. Thanks!

8. vegasloverfromatl

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, I called the bank on the back of my Harrahs Visa this morning. She tries telling me that they don't issue it. I have her please ask. Then she comes back on and says that all I have to do is go up to the rewards desk and they will know and issue it. I reply that no I need the letter to get my VIP card. Harrahs Las Vegas won't know how much I have spent this year on my visa. She comes back again and says they should know based on your reward credits. Umm, again, no. So, she's having her manager look into it and calling me back "in a couple of hours". Any other ideas on what I should do if they don't call back or say I don't need it? Should I bother calling Total Rewards? I emailed them about it last week and never heard back. Ugh

9. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Contact the TR cage at Cromwell. They issue the VIP cards and might be able to help you. I definitely went through the bank to get my letter. Hopefully you find more intelligent people at the bank.

Superbowl Baby
  10. vegasloverfromatl

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They never called me back. So annoyed. I guess I'll call again tomorrow but it's probably a lost cause. Like we said, it's not that big of a deal. I get the platinum lines which is probably enough. Thanks for your help

11. vegasloverfromatl

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all, thought I would update. So Saturday, I called Comenity Bank again, since no one called me back. This time I actually talked to someone who knew what I was talking about and gave me a phone number for Harrahs Rewards relating to the Visa. It is 702-207-5160. I called there and the answering machine said, "We are open daily from 8am-8pm PST" and I left a message. Once under option 1. Once under option 2. NEVER got a call back.

Lucky for me, Comenity Bank sent me an email survey to ask how my call was. Ah ha! I was able to provide my feedback regarding the first call I made where no one called me back. Lo and behold, this morning I got a call from Comenity Bank in regards to my survey. She said that the correct number to call is the 702-207-5160 and hit option 2. It appears they are only open Monday-Friday and I told her they should update their voice mail to reflect that. Anyway, she already did the work for me though and said that she confirmed I am on a VIP list that could be found at Planet Hollywood, Cromwell or Caesars Total Rewards booths and they will be able to issue me the card from the list. It will be interesting if this is actually the case since an earlier poster said they couldn't do anything without him having the letter.

Anyway, I'll let you all know if this actually works out. She also said she would provide feedback about a different way to deliver the letter....like electronically. I said it would be nice to have it right on my phone to show someone and they could scan a bar code. Who still deals with paper anyway?

12. ducc

ducc Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi i also have the tot rews visa card. Hit the mark my first month and got the letter with a paper vip access card (which i've never used). Most of the time if you have the new chipped visa card you can use it because it looks just like the vip access card. I'm assuming your using the vip access to cut in lines. Usually the platinum card was enough unless you're there on Friday and Saturday nights or holidays. Valet was cool everywhere without it except PH. They always push that Seven stars, diamond(which i now have) bs. Told them I was staying there and had the total rewards vip still they said SS or diamond only. Then they asked to see the room key and allowed me to valet. Crazy.

To see your rc's login to the total rewards website(not the visa one). Click on tr statement. Choose a month. Presto it'll be right there.

• Like Like x 1
  13. vegasloverfromatl

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wanted to update. I was able to get my VIP access card without the letter no problem at Caesars total rewards desk. I just told the woman I'm on the list for VIP access card and she was able to give me that as well as my new platinum card. Yay!!