1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET self check-in

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by jpatter471, Feb 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was on a 5 night COMP. So yes, it works for COMP rooms. We were in one of the Jubilee Luxury rooms or whatever. We ended up with a great view of the fountains, Paris, etc. The clerk told me its a "you get what you get" when you do this type of check in. They don't take any special requests. When you are getting a room at 1030am I don't imagine there are a ton of options that are ready.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  2. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Before cell phones could do everything, Flamingo had a kiosk that I put in my confirmation number, it assigned me a room, and encoded two keys for me. I got a glorious view of the Imperial Palace garages. I would use email/phone checkin if I did not care where or what my room was. It seems to be quicker than going to the desk. If I want to talk to someone about my room, I will spend the time in line and in conversation. As with everything in Vegas, they are providing choices for everyone.

3. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First time I heard of it too.
    It appears automatic as I have a trip book in a few weeks and received an e-mail a day or so ago saying its available.

4. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Out of curiosity, on a 5 night comp, how much of a cc hold did they place? We'll be checking in just before midnight but I've requested Jubilee Luxury and close to the elevator so I'm not sure this online check in is for us.

5. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting. I'll be booking soon online for the LinQ. Is this for check in only or both? Since i'm staying at the LinQ, a basic room is fine, however, i always ask for a high floor in the same category, so i may not get a high floor. I also plan on using my reward credits at check out to pay my resort fees. If i'm doing a self checkout, i wouldn't be able to use my credits correct?
    Seems like a great idea, but i guess there are some limitations.

6. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
  7. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never noticed them ever put a hold on my cc. I just don't check that sort of thing I guess while I am out there. I do check when I got back and all I saw was a $125 resort fee. That was it. So any kind of hold at least didn't follow me home.

8. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did. I got the email about 8-ish AM and a text about 1 or 2-ish in the afternoon saying my room was ready. About 30 minutes later I went up to check-in and my room was indeed ready.

9. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got this same offer for my upcoming trip. Could this be used to increase the chances that you'll get the number of beds you initially reserved?

My last two trips (with my wife) I've reserved one king bed rooms--at Aria, not Bally's--and upon arrival been given two queen rooms, because that's what was left (they said).

For the upcoming Bally's trip, it's my dad and I, and we're getting in about 9-10 pm. This time, I have a two queen bed room reserved, and I'd really like to have those two beds! But I worry that our late arrival will mean that I'll get switched, again, this time to the one king bed room. I don't care so much about the tower--I'm booked into Indigo, in no small part because it's so close to Ellis Island. (Bring on the steak and eggs breakfast...)

10. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never received an offer for self-check-in. I was in Vegas in January. I'll also be there next week.

11. karens625

karens625 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I received an email on the 16th stating the self check in. I arrive on the first. In the am. Will decide that morning if I will use it. I do have a go room with a strip view reserved. So as long as I get that I would be ok.

12. Thickskinnedalive

Thickskinnedalive Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got the option for self check in and I do arrive around noon but I really want to try a sandwich for better room.

13. karens625

karens625 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    self check in

For those who have used self check-in, do you get at least the room you have reserved? Have a go luxury strip view king reserved at Flamingo. I received the email that states I can use self check-in when I arrive and they will let me know when my room is ready. I want to use, but I want at least the room I have reserved. I would love to avoid the check-in line at the Flamingo. Thanks.

14. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is a huge thread on here about it. I used it last month and got the room and I had reserved as did the others. You just can't make special requests like "close to the elevators", "even numbered room", etc.

15. karens625

karens625 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. Knew there was a thread about it. Couldn't find it. Not enough coffee this morning.

16. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I receive the e-mail first thing in the morning can I check in even before my 5 hour flight so that my room will be ready by the time I arrive as its usually hard to get a room before noon Vegas time.

If I do this and receive a reply that my room is ready, how long will they hold it?

Also, when I get the e-mail do I go to the front desk as usual to get my key but tell them my room should be ready?

17. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They will hold till you get there, no worries. The email will direct you to the "mail line" or something like that. You will see the signage, just give them your drivers license and tell them you checked in online. They know the drill.

18. jpatter471

jpatter471 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used it to check in on Friday. They charge you an early check in fee if you pick a time before 4. It was $30 if you picked a time before noon and $20 if you picked between noon and 4. I picked noon and got the text at 11:45 that thw room was ready. Only one person was in line before me to pick up keys. Much better than waiting in the mile long check in line.

19. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sucks. I've been early before and never charged a fee. Flamingo once said they would before I got in line to check in, but the front desk said I didn't have to.

20. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At Bally's I selected the early check in and agreed to the fee, but it was not charged on my account. I was give keys about 11am.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.