1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Room Comps - Drying up?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by EastCoastVegasFan!, Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EastCoastVegasFan!

EastCoastVegasFan! High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In 2014, I was getting all kinds of room comps for CET properties. When the new year hit, they are all gone, even the ones in Winter. In fact, the Atlantic City ones even went from comped to $55 a night! AC was giving out room for FREE all year. Not sure what happened, but has anyone else noticed this? Especially in the LV market.

2. Jon E Coyote

Jon E Coyote Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just the opposite for me, I get at least one email a week for comped rooms, just stayed 4 nights at the Flamingo, resort fees only. Even got $25 in free slot play.

Tunica on the other hand, which I've never paid for a room and would go 2-3 times per yr, switched to $35 per night...

3. Bigcash12000

Bigcash12000 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noticed comps for rooms are drying up as well. I just booked a trip to Vegas in July and the only place i was offered free rooms was Harrahs. Usually i get offered rooms at least at a few properties. I guess bankruptcy is finally catching up to CET. I have a feeling they are going to lose some customers over the resort fees being jacked up as well.

VEGAS BABY!!!!!
  4. ajp

ajp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still have tons of nights comps at most properties pretty much any night of the week.

5. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm the opposite as well for now. More and better offers this year so far through at least March.

6. mrstealth

mrstealth High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have way more offers for rooms not only in vegas but also ak-chin in phoenix, laughlin, southern cal and joliet, il.

i think this is like the 4th thread with the exact title. if your offers are drying up there is usually a reason.

7. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a low roller but I looked yesterday at a couple nights at The Flamingo in early April midweek. Yesterday they were comped, today they're $50/night. Tomorrow they'll be something different, maybe comped again? They're rate calendars are changing daily.

8. Ike

Ike Low-Roller

Of course there is a reason, but that reason is up for debate.

9. LandryBalla9

LandryBalla9 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Posted a topic on this a few days ago. I found out that, ironically, as the days got closer to dates I wanted to go- such as the week of- my Fridays and Saturdays WERE comped. They're evidently hedging on people booking their rooms and comping them to higher players and if they don't get the rooms used, lower level players such as myself (100avg bet BJ player) get Fridays and Saturdays.

It's makes sense practically speaking but can be A bit of a turn off initially I agree.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.