1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Platinum - no more priority lines?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Tubbs, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just read a report on another forum that line cutting privileges for CET Platinum card holders had been removed from 1 April.

Has anyone any experience of this in the last 10 days? The only real benefit of Platinum status was separate lines at check-in/out, cashier, TR desk, buffets and some restaurants. If that has gone then all that is left is the waiving of resort fees.

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The priority lines for Platinum were never a promised tier benefit. I believe many properties did have them, especially at off-peak times. But the most in demand things, and at peak times, it would be bumped up to Diamond.

So I doubt these lines are universally gone, but you may see them less frequently for Platinum if the places are busier.

3. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw the thread on TA. They contacted customer service and the response is that it went away. If this is indeed true, I am pretty much done with Harrahs. There is no frickin way I am going to earn a higher tier that they are giving away to people who get a credit card with no minimum purchase requirement and then not even have line privileges in Vegas. My money will be going to Boyd and Ameristar instead of wasting it with these jokers.

4. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to clarify, the person who started the whole thing started it because they received a benefits grid that showed it as not a platinum benefit. But it has never shown as a platinum benefit on that grid. So nothing changed there.

As for the follow up question it was asked specifically to a rep at Paris. Not sure if she was speaking for all vegas props or just Paris. Since the original lines were an unadvertised bonus for Platinum, it is possible some or all of the hotels shifted them to starting at the lowest "Diamond" level.

From the point of view of "any CET anywhere", the separate line remains where it always was ... a Diamond benefit.

5. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i belive its propert by property i was just at rio and they let platniums check in with diamonds in vip ,sign was still up for platnium

6. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I suspect that nothing has changed. As pointed out, it was not usually advertised in Caesars literature. There have been one or two comments from recent visitors that the Platinum check-in desks and shared buffet entrances are still operating so I think Plat members are OK.

7. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at Paris last week, I am Platinum and saw no changes.
    Went through the Platinum line at Check-In.
    Platinum/Diamond room at the Paris buffet was still there.
    Separate Platinum lines at most cashier cages across 4 of the resorts I played at.

Haven't seen any changes at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.