1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Diamond aspire question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by epidicus, Jan 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epidicus

epidicus Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This question is being thrown out here specifically for Mr. Hunter Kampf, but perhaps the combined knowledge of this message board could shine some light upon it. Essentially, my wife has been Diamond for the last few years, and treated quite well by CET properties, BTW. This fall she achieved and surpassed the 80k level needed for Diamond Aspire, but has yet to receive any confirmation. We have a trip booked for AC next month, and are attempting ( still waiting for a call back from "marketing executive) to book LV for April. Curious if Diamond Aspire has been cast to the wayside ?

2. DReynolds86

DReynolds86 Come On, You Blues!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What does her profile list her as on TotalRewards.com?

3. Gamesman

Gamesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It hasn't been cast away. I booked my trip this week using my benefit earned when I hit 80K last year. I never received a confirmation saying I'd reached that level though. You should have used the benefit to book your next month trip, April will be too late to use the benefit for this year.

4. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's the problem I had when I got my 40k aspiration level on my last trip of 2013. Since I typically don't go back to Vegas until April of the following year, I lose any benefits it's supposed to get me. That's why I'm thinking about just gambling at MGM properties or Cosmo starting the trip after I reach Diamond level at CET. That way I can get the perks of the higher levels at another property. I just can't combine play at two different properties during a single trip or else it would lower my ADT.

5. BCMike

BCMike VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you use the perks, it will hit your comps if you don't maintain your gambling. Entering the diamond lounge for example triggers a gaming day whether you stay at the hotel or not is what Hunter had said before. If you're concerned about ADT, I'd be careful with that. (Unless your referring to the aspirations trip and getting status at MGM or Cosmo as well).

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think we ever got any confirmation. In fact, I am guessing many folks never take advantage of that perk since it is almost a secret. You have to call in to book your Diam Asp trip. Same with the $100 dinner.

7. meliphilus

meliphilus Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My host coordinated my initial 80K flight and limo. I requested Southwest using 745$ of the 750$ allowance. Later, when I wanted to change my flight I did it myself through the SW business site (SWBIZ.COM or something). The limo service was great too and when I stepped out of the limo at CP on Flamingo @ 3pm on a Saturday a CP staff met me and gave me my keys and walked me up to my room. Overall, a great benefit.

8. easy_money

easy_money Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't recall any confirmation when I hit diamond level II either. I just assumed I got it once I passed 80K tier.

9. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gee I never thought about a confirmation, I was working to get my level II for the $750 allowance. I called my host to book it soon as I made it.

10. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same thing happened to us but I went over a little to get the early bird check in. Limo took us to Rio and someone met us at the car. We are using my wife's level II trip in a couple weeks to Caesars.

11. epidicus

epidicus Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the feedback - My wife hit 80k in Oct/Nov and has maintained constant play at our local CET property since. We are still playing phone tag with our host, in an attempt to set up a trip for April.

12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Some notes on booking.

Figure out what you want and provide your host with written, DETAILED instructions. Flight numbers, dates, hotel, etc. We just did that as well. We were each at the 80k level and got $750 each in airfare. Found some cheap 1st class fares and had them book it. Total price went over the $750 a bit, and we paid the balance with credit card.

13. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you hit Diamond Aspirations 2 in 2014, you have until March 31, 2015 to complete your $750 airfare. It is supposed to be booked 30 days in advance.

Send all the flight details, frequent flier numbers, any seat requests and attach a copy of a driver's license or passport ( they need to get the names of the people traveling correct).

14. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to say the same thing. Travel must be finished by Mar 31, 2015. We are headed to Vegas Feb 5th for my wife's and Atlantic City early Mar for mine. BTW, my host only wanted name, no copy of ID.

Also, I've had better luck making my seat selection on the airline website as soon as I have the conf #.

15. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I could be wrong but if you made it in the fall you might be able to get two trips, one before April 1st and one after. It works that way with seven stars. I made it last summer so of course made diamond aspirations. I am pretty sure my host told me I had FOUR trips between last summer and March 31st 2016; diamond aspirations and seven stars annual before March 31st and again the same thing after. I booked a diamond aspirations trip in December (750 airfare) and my seven stars trip a few weeks later (1200) airfare. My host just booked my airfare for my seven stars trip in April (1200 airfare and another 500 folio credit) and I am planning to book a second diamond aspirations trip later this year, probably late December. I could be wrong but I believe I will be able to do so.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  16. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you made 7 stars for the first time in 2014, you have a $750 diamond aspirations trip to use by March 31, 2015. You also gave a $1200 7 stars trip to use by March 31, 2015. You have all the 7 stars benefits for April 1, 2015 a March 31, 2016. So, you have another 7 stars, $1200 trip(regardless if you earn any tier credits). If you earn 80k tier credits during 2015, you'll have a $750 diamond trip to use again.
    The diamond level 2 trip earned in a calendar year must be used by March of the following year.

17. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks newmans. Good to know. I do expect to earn 7* again (or at least hit the 80k TC) in 2015 so I'll be able to book the $750 trip for my end of the year trip.

18. epidicus

epidicus Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Update :She missed the aspirations deadline by one week - it had to be used by 3/31, & our vacation wasn't scheduled until 4/4 - still managed to get a week at the Cromwell, but airfare and airport transporation is on us -

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.