1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Diamond Aspirations Level 2 question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by win4me, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. win4me

win4me Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I searched CET website and read old VMB threads & could not find any information on the "4 free nights" that you receive when you reach 40,000 TCs.
    Has anyone actually booked a room under this great extra that CET is giving us? :poke:
    (I know some people can get 4 comp nights anywhere, anytime. I am not one of those people. I have never been able to get a comp in Nobu and sometimes Augustus & Octavious Towers are not comp on many dates I have checked on in 2014)

2. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am also a tier 2 diamond (50k Tier credits on last trip), Subscribed to this thread to see what the "Additional 4 night stay" is all about...

Time for an expert to chime in!

3. KarenTN

KarenTN Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought I saw a trip report somewhere where someone book their 4 nights as level 2 Diamond. I think you can just book whichever hotel you want, and it doesn't guarantee a certain tower. So you can book Caesars but you may be in Palace Tower. Caesars customer service online has actually been really good about getting back to me on specific questions when I can't find an answer elsewhere.

I stopped at about 38K tier last year because I have never had a problem getting a great room. But for Augustus and Octavius towers and the Strip Suite at Planet Hollywood, I was only able to get those by going through a host. They never show up comped online. They should add some more perks to this 40K level to get the attention of more Diamond players. As is, there isn't much reason for me to get the extra tier

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Room comps are usually tied to ADT and not TIER. And, we assume you were using the rate calendar and not offers. Which I am sure you were using. Guessing maybe your vegas ADT is lower than your tier might reflect?

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe the 4 free Diamond nights would allow you to, for example:

Stay for free on nights where otherwise you weren't eligible for COMP nights.

Add the free nights to the maximum string of 5 COMP nights for a trip. So if you went in the availability calendar and found 5 nights COMP, you could add one or more of your Diamond free nights to extend that stay to 6, 7, 8 or 9 nights.

6. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

As a Diamond player, you're likely to get a room most anytime you want, regardless of any online offers, just call CET player relations on your Diamond Card.

Here's the question I never got an answer to and my host didn't have a real answer to when they announced this new tier system. If they're offering you ASPIRATION Level 2: 40,000 Tier Credits
    Unlock an additional complimentary four-night stay at any Total Rewards destination. This is on top of any offers or comps you receive based on your play.

Does that mean you have an expectation to play or can you use it as a "vacation," with no expectation of play or a hit to your ADT?
    I earned the four night stay, just like the $100 dinner credit, so it's mine, right?
    If it's just another four day stay like any other, where there is an expectation to play and maintain your ADT, what's the big deal in earning it when you can get a free stay most any time?

7. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a Diamond player, you're likely to get a room most anytime you want, regardless of any online offers, just call CET player relations on your Diamond Card.

Here's the question I never got an answer to and my host didn't have a real answer to when they announced this new tier system. If they're offering you ASPIRATION Level 2: 40,000 Tier Credits
    Unlock an additional complimentary four-night stay at any Total Rewards destination. This is on top of any offers or comps you receive based on your play.

^^THIS^^

My best guess is what chuck said, so really no benefit to reaching Tier 2 at all. if you stay 5 nights COMP and decide to stay and extra night (I just did this in Feb) Your play during the trip/extra day would certainly justify the extra night and would be just COMPED off by your host, at least that is what happened to me in February.

As a level 2 Diamond, I'm small fry, however with my playing history ANY day I'm staying and playing at a property covers my room easily! So this "Earned" 4 night stay is pointless unless it is a vacation and not counted toward your ADT!

8. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They can say whatever they want, but the mighty ADT computer in the sky is going to track your visit and play. Any and all comp/free/paid stays are expected to generate play. That is just how their business is.

They are not some social experiment where they give you a room and do not expect something in return.

9. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

I know, that complimentary four day stay seems so bogus!
    It's just another gaming trip where they'll give me a room anyway!

10. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right--I struggle to understand how this "4 night stay" has any value above what you would be able to get anyway. Of course play will be expected and your ADT will be calculated, just like every other stay.

On a related note, the Diamond level 3 trip (which DOES have real value in the form of a $750 airfare credit) has proven to be a real PITA to book. Evidently they are way backed up since the trip must be taken by March 31 and everyone who earned it last year is now trying to get it booked. They want you to book 30 days in advance (not gonna happen at this point) and every question about airfares is met with made up answers from the host which turn out to be incorrect. To make a long story short, a host must email Passport travel with your requests. Passport is charged with booking your flights, but they are not very quick or responsive. By the time they get around to helping you, airfares change....

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  11. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we did ours (mine) earlier last year, it was not too bad. Got exact flights within a few days.

Now, I am hearing about weeks to book. It is insane. We have a $750 offer coming, though NOBODY at CET has bothered to point it out. It was earned on her card late in the year and probably will not be used due to timeframe.

In the end, it probably saves me money. Silly back room managers at CET.

12. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is one they probably don't mind if you DON'T use it. Those airfare comps are hard costs to CET. They dangle it in front of you as an incentive but they're not going to push you to use it. Frankly I'm doubtful I will get to take full advantage of it myself, I will probably have to use it on a cheap ticket from LAX to LAS. If it were easier to book I would go somewhere farther away.

13. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry to hear you had trouble. For our February trip, I picked our flights and sent the itenerary to our host. A week or so later he sent me the confirmation information for the exact flights. I think I booked it a month or so ahead of time but I am usually one to book several months out anyway.

Trip was fine except Southwest was 3 hours late going and 2 hours late coming back.

14. win4me

win4me Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Confirmed! (Useless benefit)

I have done some "Pink Panthering" on the Aspirations Level 2:Þ (sent "Contact Us" email question via website, asked host) and no one seemed to have any details on this. I finally just called Nobu reservations, they transferred me to "VIP services?" and there is a code they enter for Aspirations 2 when booking a room. Well, it did not work for Nobu. She said it was probably because Nobu is not a CET owned property. I asked if they had a list of properties that were excluded and she did not.

Useless benefit :Þ (sent my host an email & told him so). I also think they should give you until the end of 2014 to use it or at minimum 1 yr. from when you hit Level 2 (or 3).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.